36. A day before wedding

Xiao Zhan walked out of the ward and stopped in front of Zhou Cheng who was sitting on the bench. Cheng looked up and immediately stood straight. He was about to speak when Zhan held his hand and dragged him towards the silent corridor.

He faced Cheng and remarked, "Explain!"

Zhou Cheng felt embarassed and tried to touch Zhan's shoulders but the latter dodged it. Cheng took a deep breath and asked, "What's going on between you and Yibo?"

Xiao Zhan sneered hearing Cheng and raised his brow, "That's none of your concern. We are not here to discuss my private life."

Zhou Cheng felt really bad on Zhan's indifferent behaviour. He was confused and it seemed that Zhan is a whole new person that he was meeting for the first time. He nodded and talked, "Okay I understand you don't believe me anymore but I will try my best to make you trust my words."

Xiao Zhan didn't respond and waited for the other to continue. Honestly, his best friends had lost his trust long ago and he really had no intention to have a talk with Zhou Cheng if not for Yibo's sake. He was actually concerned about Cheng's whereabouts and was worried about his sudden absence. But after today's incident he was not sure what to do anymore. It was too clear that those men were working for Cheng and they had an absolute intention of killing his boyfriend. His hands trembled in anger recalling the incident again.

"Zhan, I am not behind today's incident. You have to trust me." Zhou Cheng took a deep breath and started to explain.

"Why should I? Tell me one reason that I should trust you! If they were not your men then why did they listen to you and left just like that huh?" Xiao Zhan raised his voice, he won't believe in Cheng's words. He won't commit the mistake of trusting his so called friends again.

"Zhan, they were my brother's men." Zhou Cheng remarked.

"Since when do you have a brother Zhou Cheng? I am telling you I will drag this matter to court if you dare lie to me!" Xiao Zhan threatened while pointing his finger at Zhou Cheng. He was getting more confused and angry with Cheng's confusing talks.

"Okay. You can report me to police but listen me first. After the announcement of Yibo and Ziyi's marriage, I was really devastated and sad. I didn't know what to do. I tried contacting Ziyi, I wanted to ask her why did she agree to this arrangement when we were so in love, why did she forget our promises like they were nothing but lies! Ziyi never contacted me, it was so difficult to even see her. I was so broken that I decided to leave. I went to my cousin who lives in Shanghai. He is older than me but we are really close. He is a reputed businessman. Once in my drunken state, I told him everything that happened to me. He couldn't take it and ordered his men to find everything about Ziyi. And we got to know that, that Ziyi was pregnant with my child!"

"WHAT? W-hat did y-you j-just say?" Xiao Zhan exclaimed.

"Yes. She was pregnant with my child. Now, she might have aborted that child already. I still can't believe she did all this for money. I still can't believe. After knowing the truth and the fact that my child was killed before he could see the world made me insane. I was nearly dead at that time. Due to all this, my brother felt so angry that he decided to kill Yibo and Ziyi. He decided to kill Ziyi by his own hands. When I got to know about his intentions, I was already late. But thankfully, Yibo is safe. I know it's not his fault too, he is bounded. Don't worry my brother won't hurt Yibo ever again. I am really sorry." He bowed slightly and took out a card from his pocket. He stretched his hands towards Xiao Zhan and smiled, "Here take this. I have opened a small bakery in Shanghai. You are invited to visit me anytime. Also, this card has my number. You can give me a call in case you want to talk to me. I will wait for your call." Zhou Cheng patted Zhan's shoulders and left the hospital.