29. Don't misinterpret

Wang yibo opened his eyes but squinted when he was met with bright sunrays that were entering his room. He gulped as his throat felt dry and sore. Exhaling a deep breath, he decided to leave the bed but his eyes went wide watching a bunny sleeping in a sitting position on the floor with his head resting on the bed.

His mind recalled what happened last night, how he got sick and how xiao zhan took care of him as he shivered in fever. He raised his hand to caress zhan's hairs but stopped midway. He lied down again and rested his head on his own arm to stare at the sleeping bunny.

Zhan's slight puffy eyes were closed, his lips formed a pout while his skin shined golden when sunrays fell on them. Yibo shifted closer to sleeping zhan and blew the fringes off zhan's face.

Zhan frowned in his sleep but didn't wake up. His lips puckered in a more bigger pout as he turned his face to the other side. Yibo chuckled and blew air in zhan's ear. Zhan whined and opened his eyes but gasped watching yibo staring at him, from too closely.

Zhan sat straight but groaned in pain due to his stiffened neck and shoulders. He stretched his muscles and talked, "How are you feeling now?" Keeping the back of his palm against yibo's forehead, he let out a breath of relief and gushed happily, "Your fever is gone now, that's a relief."

Yibo stayed silent, too silent. His expressions were calm and cold. But anyone could tell that his heart was in turmoil. Honestly, his lips were silent but his heart wasn't. It was beating loudly and fast. He blinked his eyes and couldn't stop himself from holding zhan's retreating hand.

Xiao zhan stared back at him, feeling so lost at words. He was just checking the temperature, by any chance, did he offend yibo? Or maybe the latter was still angry because of that slap earlier?

After a few moments, yibo left the bed and scooped him off the ground. Xiao Zhan yelped but ringed his hands around yibo's neck while staring in his eyes. Yibo looked at him coldly and placed him on the bed. Zhan frowned when he was left alone in the room. He was calculating what just happened when yibo came back to the room with a warm compression in his hand.

Lifting zhan's head a little, he placed the warm pad there and spoke coldly, "Don't! Never give me wrong ideas about your heart and feelings. Your actions are opposite from that of your words, I might misinterpret."

Yibo started leaving but stopped his steps when zhan sat up and replied, "I would have done the same."

Yibo didn't turn but waited for Zhan to elaborate. "I would have done the same for anyone. It doesn't makes me a gay." Though zhan knew that he had always liked boys, he knew his sharp words would hurt yibo but he couldn't help it.

Why is he so indifferent to yibo? This question has always lingered inside his head but he had no answer. Do he still hates the guy? Trust issues? Still blames him? Can't forgive him? He fucking don't know. Zhan looked down and squeezed his eyes shut to stop the wave of painful, piercing questions that flooded his thoughts, shutting his sanity off. 

Yibo heard everything well!

His eyes turned as lifeless as an ice, his fists tightened to the extent that his knuckles turned colourless,  still he nodded his head and walked out of the room leaving Zhan behind.

Xiao Zhan layed back and sighed watching the white ceiling. The room was as cold and silent as it's owner. It made him calm down and he drifted back to sleep.

After a couple of hours, Zhan came down for breakfast. He was wearing a casual light brown high neck sweater with a black jeans. He saw yibo leaving for office already. He was sleeping so deeply that he couldn't realise when yibo got ready.