31. Cutest Couple

Finally, it was the day of Xiao Hui's surgery. Wang Yibo got up and prepared himself to go to the hospital. He pressed the ring bell of Zhan's room but no one answered. He rang the bell a few more times before he realised that the door was open from outside.

He tried to call Xiao Zhan but his calls went unanswered. Frowning, he rushed out of the hotel and asked his men if they saw Xiao Zhan going somewhere. Going to hospital was out of the question due to his mother then where could Xiao Zhan go?

"Sir, we didn't realise when he left, we are really sorry!"

Yibo's frown deepened and he gritted his teeth, "Your useless sorry won't bring him back. You all will lose your jobs if something happens to him. Go and search around. Also tell me if there's any church nearby?"

"Sir, there are around 3 churches near this place..."

"Okay, thank you."

Wang Yibo tried to search for Xiao Zhan everywhere but he was nowhere to be found. He panted being tired of running around.

After a lot of searching around, he entered a church and let out a sharp breath. He wiped his sweaty face and ruffled his hair as he watched Xiao Zhan sitting on the long bench inside the church. Carefully, he took a seat beside him without making any sound. His heart sank watching the distressed and sullen face of the guy. Xiao Zhan sensed his presence and quietly looked at him. Yibo placed his arm around Zhan's shoulders and let him rest on his shoulders. Xiao Zhan closed his eyes as a tear left his eyes.

"Don't ever leave like this again. You scared the hell out of me!" Yibo whispered.

Xiao Zhan nodded his head and asked, "Has the surgery started?"

"Mn. I was heading there only."

"Oh", Xiao Zhan sat straight and played with his fingers, "I am sorry for causing you trouble. You can go there, I am fine. My mom will be happy to have you beside her."

"Don't you want to go?" Yibo raised his eyebrows.

A breathy sob left Zhan's lips and he shook his head.

Wang Yibo stood up and dragged Zhan out of the place. Xiao Zhan repeatedly asked where he was taking him and struggled to let him go. But Yibo remained silent. He stopped a taxi and forcefully made him sit inside.

After some time, Zhan found himself standing before that big hospital again. He looked at Yibo fearfully and begged, "Not here Yibo. Please, let's go back!"

Wang Yibo took the lift and again started to pull Zhan by his wrist. Xiao Zhan forcibly yanked his hand away and shouted, "Are you fucking out of your senses? What are you trying to do?"

Wang Yibo tightened his jaw and slammed him against the wall, "Stop being so stubborn, will you? Don't you know what I am trying to do? Until when are you going to avoid reality? Until when are you going to avoid your family? You have done nothing wrong then what are you so scared for? If it is Xiao Hui, then I promise nothing will happen to her! If it is guilt, then you have done nothing to be guilty of, I know you tried to work your ass off just to arrange money for your sister's treatment and that's the reason that she made it till here. If it is your mom, then I am standing right with you, I will shield you and hold you, why can't you trust me for this one time huh? Am I that kind of heinous beast for you huh?"

Xiao Zhan didn't realise when he started crying bitterly. He peered in Yibo's eyes and noticed that the other was crying too. Lifting his hands, he wiped yibo's tears and bit his lips, "You are not a beast. I don't even know how to thank you for everything that you did for me. I will face them. I promise, but not today. I don't want to make her feel distressed when my sister is being operated on. Not today. Just for today."