nine

Choked up, I realize
I've been less than half myself
For more than half my life

harry

(yesterday...february 22nd 2018 9:00 am)

"we're all in,"

i look up at her when she said it, catching my eyes with hers for the first time since i stepped in this office, and i take my eyes over her face, that flawless glow to her that seemed to have never left in the years we've been apart.

"we're very glad to hear that," kaylee says, eyeing me and i smile to myself, picking at the skin around my nails as her beautiful voice, fuck that voice, rattled on and on about the costs and legitimate issues that could come up in the company, but i was too distracted to care, because she had said yes. i know i have to apologize, but i also know that maybe that isn't the first thing i should do. i need to get her to trust me again, especially if we're gonna do this brand together, and make it work.

"she said yes," i smile to mitch as he leans against his car, smiling from ear to ear at me and i see him hold his arms open, pulling me in for a hug as i protest, but i pat his back, smiling proudly. "i can't believe she's doing this," i smile, shaking my hair out of my eyes, and i look up just as mitch gets into his car, making direct eye contact with lila as she threads her hands into her hair, and my smile slowly falls, watching as she scrunched her nose up.

"harry?" i barely hear mitch's voice around the pumping in my ears, her hand slamming down and she hits the steering wheel, sitting back in her seat and she looks up to immediately make eye contact with me, immediately driving away and i let mysel...

"harry?" i barely hear mitch's voice around the pumping in my ears, her hand slamming down and she hits the steering wheel, sitting back in her seat and she looks up to immediately make eye contact with me, immediately driving away and i let myself watch after her for a minute before i crawl into mitch's car.

"you alright, harry?"

______
Another domino falls...

(present day...february 23rd 2018 11:00 am)

i've been sitting in front of this phone for the last five minutes trying to decide what to do.

i want to call her. i want to meet her somewhere and i just want us to talk, i just want us to be able to be a part of this company-her company without and bumps in the road due to our personal life. i want her to know why i did it, and why i would never do it again. i want to gain her trust back, and not just to do this line with her, but forever. i just want us to be friends.

i pick up the phone, dialing her number and my hand shakes as i click call, hearing the seemingly endless ringing before i hear her voice, her perfect beautiful voice.

"sinclair speaking," she says and i smile at her name, sitting up a little even if she can't see me. "hey, lila," i whisper and i can practically hear the breath she took in at the sound of my voice, saying her name and how foreign it was on my tongue, but i loved it. "hi, harry," she says and it's silent forever while i try to think of what to say.