sunsetz

Sunsets
I wanna hear your voice
A love that nobody could destroy
Took photographs like Brautigan's book covers
That we both adored and when you go away
I still see you
The sunlight on your face in my rearview
This always happens to me this way
Recurring visions of such sweet days

(present day... May 2nd 2018...6;43 pm)

Lila rose

"do you remember the last time we were on a plane together?"

harry's voice cuts through the soft sound of us packing beside each other, and i grin to myself, looking up at him as i roll up a pair of panties to put into my suitcase, harry packing his slowly, almost as if he was waiting for this to not be happening. I knew just how scared Harry was for the last three days of our 'vacation', it was nearly all he seemed to be thinking about now that we've begun plans for our trip to Italy, but at the same time, I knew how excited he was to be home.

"I remember the first time we were on a plane alone together," I say, looking out back at the pool we had been relaxing in nearly four days ago, and how much I wished we could go back to that and not have to even embrace on the fact that we had to take this time and focus on something that was so emotionally exhausting for me.

"And when you let me cuddle you in the pod," Harry grins, bumping his shoulder with mine, and I zip up my suitcase, watching him as I sit against the headboard of the bed, and the way his eyes followed his movements carefully, not missing a beat.

"You know it's going to be okay, right?" I ask him, and his once confident movements jolt to a halt, and he looks up at me, dropping his shirt into the suitcase, letting it shut before he looks up at me. "M' just nervous, lavender," He says, playing it off as if it was no big deal at all, but I knew harry as well as I knew the back of my hand, I knew exactly what was going on in his mind, no matter if he knew or not.

"I know you're nervous, pretty boy," I mumble, and he sighs, watching me closely as I stand, tucking a stray curl behind his ear and pressing a long kiss to his cheek. "You know why I know it's going to be okay?" I ask, and he shakes his head, all of his attention on me now. I press my thumb against the birthmark on his wrist. "because if we can get through Ian, and Kendall, and two years apart...then we can get through everything that's going to happen," I whisper and before I can even finish talking, his lips are on mine, and his hands are pressing against my cheeks, every single part of my body on fire for him, and him only.

"You have no idea how much I love you," His words sink straight to my heart and I feel every part of my body become his, more than it already was."I'm going to be there the whole time, and nothing is going to stop me from protecting you," I whisper, patting his pretty ass, and he kisses me again. "no matter what gemma says," i mumble, and he looks up at me from his backpack, giving me the best smile he could muster up.

"no matter what she says, we're going to be okay," It seemed now that he was saying it to himself more than me, but I knew that this was to make both of us feel better, not just him. I was nervous, I was as terrified as he was to embrace the thing that had driven the love of my life to hurt and what was the reasoning behind the breakdowns and the crying the two of us had been through. Gemma was someone I had really looked up to, and right now I feel as if I had no choice but to want to scream at her. 

____

(three hours later)

"i hate airports," harry's hand finds my back as we walk through the airport, and it traces the small line of skin between the pair of shorts i was wearing and one of my small shirts, and i feel his hand push on me as we slowly find our gate, and i look around as harry takes the tickets from my hands.