classic

I'ma pick you up in a Cadillac
Like a gentleman, bringin' glamour back
Keep it real to real in the way I feel
I could walk you down the aisle

(this doesn't fit the whole chapter but wtv)

also, orange dress is what she wears to work

lila rose
(present day...april 15th....4:30 pm)

i miss harry.

he and i have both been so busy this week, me with actually being forced to go to work, and harry having meetings to get ready for his writing process for the next album. he seemed worried about that, seemingly having absolutely no inspiration to write anything.

i don't blame him, work is hard.

"let's leave that there...yeah," i mumble, directing delta where to put the new pictures of sample lip glosses and eyeliners, those formulas already in the works, the only things we need for them being their names for each shade, but i planned on talking with harry about the next time we see each other, which i am hoping is sooner than later.

work has been rough, and exhausting, just because of the amount of work i needed to catch up on and all of the new issues that have seem to arise as the week goes by, just with product management being behind in creating the products all together, to the smallest thing as the seller we get our office stools from going bankrupt, it's just been a lot.

"do we have shade names? we need those soon," delta says, and journee agrees with a nod, sending me a small look and i squirm in my seat, shaking my head and delta sighs, shaking her head back at me. "not good, sinclair, we need this done," she says, sounding like a mother.

"i know, we just haven't had time to sit down and talk through it-" i'm cut off when maxwell opens the door, his eyes finding mine, and his hands were slightly shaking, looking through the room as the three of us waited to see what he was going to say, his shoulders square and his lips trembles before he spoke. "someone's here to see you, sinclair," he says and i frown, shifting in my seat so i could look towards him a bit better, raising my eyebrows. "who is it?...can they wait?" i ask, and he looks behind him, shaking his head. "he just said it was urgent," he says and i stand, trying to not express my happiness to get out of this mentally exhausting conversation.

i stand, moving past maxwell without a word, hearing delta call my name behind me, and i sigh, ignoring it. i love my company, i love working  and i love being able to make amazing products, but i've been doing this for two years now, and i know the way things work without delta always on my ass about everything i do. harry and i knew we needed to get stuff done, but at the same time we haven't even got our ideas set on names for anything, or the packaging yet. i'm just tired of feeling like i'm letting everyone down, especially since we haven't even released that we were for sure doing a collab yet.

i frown when no one is down in the lobby but my body stills when i see his curly hair and green eyes, leaning against a bright red Cadillac, and i feel my whole body calm immediately just at the sight of him. "harry!" i squeak when i see more of the details of the car, seeing the cute red license plate, and the interiors that sparkled. he smiles when i walk out the front door, giving him a smile and he immediately pulls me in for a kiss, and i thank god that there was no paparazzi allowed on the property, a new rule since harry and i started working together.

"hi, my love," i smile, falling into his arms and he smiles, gesturing to his car. "look what i got," he smiles and i stand back to look at his new car. "it's very very pretty, harry...you just decided to get a new car?" i laugh and he shrugs, scratching the back of his head, looking at me nervously before he looks back at the car. "ve' had my eye on it for a while, and finally decided to get it...named her lucille," he smiles and i fawn over how fucking cute this man is, in all of his inked up glory.