into you

Oh, baby, look what you started
The temperature's rising in here
Is this gonna happen?
Been waiting and waiting for you
To make a move

h.
(present day...april 18th 2018....3:00 pm)

"hi, nico," lila whispers as she admires the tiny baby that squirmed in her arms, his eyes deep brown, just like clara's. lila smiles at him as he lets out the cutest yawn and i wrap an arm around her shoulders, the hospital bustling with life around us, but all i could focus on was her.

lila was there for everything, for the birth of beautiful nico, and even for the name deciding, she stayed late in the night before i tugged her home for some sleep, also so clara could have her time with her new baby, perfect Nico Jasper.

"he's so perfect," i whisper, watching lila, thinking about her with our own, and what that would entail. i've always wanted kids, weather they were adopted or not, i want to be able to do that. there's something so calming about the idea of doing that with lila. a small baby with beautiful curly hair and big blue eyes, just like their mom. it would be perfect, just for us.

"you're cute with a baby," i mumble into her shoulder, and he smiles, admiring the almond skin of nico, and the way his eyes sleepily blink at her, and clara watches from her bed, gavin going to take a shower. "clara, he's perfect,"i smile, and her eyes light up with joy, giving me a grin. "thank you, harry, means a lot," her eyes stay on us as lila rocks nico, leaning back into my shoulder and nico yawns, settling down into her soft skin, and lila looks up at me, a wide smile plastered on her face as she settles. "i love babies...begged dad to have another one so i could have a sibling," she mumbles, and clara smiles, shrugging. "might have to keep having more...seeing gavin flip a switch to dad has been absolutely adorable," she smiles, and i can tell how in love she is with nico just by the way she looks at him.

"sleepy angel," lila whispers, and she rests back into me again, looking up at me as i watch the small baby, admiring how he was an exact copy of both of his parents, but looked a little more like gavin.

"wanna hold him?" clara asks and i shuffle in my seat, looking down at the beautiful boy, and lila looks up for my response, and i nod, lila's eyes flickering something deep in them that i didn't recognize; slowly shuffling the sleepy baby into my arms, and i coo at the way his eyes squeeze shut, yawning again before he falls asleep in my arms, his sweet baby skin shining. lila lets out a sigh, watching me, and i see her eyes glimmer again, the same one she gets when i tell her i love her.

"he's so cute," i smile, feeling lila's lips press into my neck, and she mumbles against it. "you're cute with a baby;" she says and i grin, looking down at her, and i kiss her softly, imagining if this was us, a world without drugs and food habits and everything. sometimes i wonder if this would've been us if i didn't ruin anything. we stay for a little longer, spending time with clara as she slowly starts to recover from her godly work,but we leave once lila senses clara's exhaustion, and decided to let the new mum and son sleep.

"don't go," lila whispers as we slowly walk down the front stairs of the hospital, and i frown, looking at the ground. "v' gotta, lav, need to write more," i mumble, and i sigh, not ready to leave her just yet. "it's only a little more than a week, kid," i whisper, and she hums, holding my hand in hers as we cross the street, but i let go so she can get in the drivers side, and i can tell she's overthinking this, wether it was about me being gone, or the fact that i was okay with being gone. "stop worrying about it," i whisper as she drives down the busy interstate, and i check the back for my bag as she shrugs. "just don't like being away from you," she mumbles and i stroke my knuckle down her cheek, and she smiles softly, giving me a look when i trail my knuckle down to her chest, just above the cleavage of her dress. "you gonna miss me, baby?" i mumble, and she smiles.