baby im yours

I'm gonna stay right here by your side
And do my best to keep you satisfied
Nothin' in the world could drive me away
Every day, you'll hear me say
Baby, I'm yours (baby, I'm yours)

h.

there was something so sexy about seeing lavender at work.

we had been in the manufacturing center since nearly 7 this morning, and by the time dinner came around, lila was nowhere near tired in the slightest. the way lila and i worked together was so different than the way we work when we're alone. she won't eat right now though, and that's what worries me the most.

in the office we're business partners, and nothing more than that, but as the day goes on and my hands start to tingle with a need of my daily dose of lavender, just as we had started to really buckle down on the eyeshadow palette, i knew there had to be something i could do to make her feel more comfortable.

we had the base colors we wanted, the light pink and the soft brown for the creases, but as i look it over i immediately knew that there was something missing.

we had the pop of beautiful blue and a silver green shift that took hours and nearly months to perfect, but it was perfect. i look up from the white desk i had been sitting at nearly all day, and i wipe my hands down on my pants, glancing at my girl as she speaks to delta on the phone, saying there was something missing.

we had a lavender, a strawberry pink and a mauve, neutrals and pinks, but also some fun ones. there was just something missing. we had absolutely no idea about the packaging for it, but at this moment i was more worried about getting this last color right, and then taking my girl back to ours for the night.

"okay, bye,"

lila's voice knocks me out of my daze and she rubs at her makeup-less eyes, and i frown, watching as she pulls at her hair and i click my tongue at her, making her look up at me. "calm, baby, calm," i whisper and she sits back in her seat, crossing her arms and cracking her knuckles to give herself something to do, and i stand, walking over to her and i take the seat beside her, tugging her chair closer to me.

it's the same as before, delta getting on her ass about colors when we haven't even released the idea to the world yet. i will never understand how lila lets these people walk all over her all the time.

"you're doing great, lila rose, m' right beside you," i whisper, rubbing my nose to her cheek, and she squeezes her eyes shut. "m' sorry, baby...just worried," she sighs, and i smile as she calls me baby, something she's been doing more often. i'm pretty sure it's because she knows how much i like it. i place my hand on her cheek, turning her head to look at me.

"you wanna distraction for a little?" i whisper, and her eyes grow that beautiful blue sparkle again, and i smile, cooing in her ear. "cmon, lila, hm?" i ask, and she finally gives me a smile as i bite at her neck, scooting towards me. "be with me for a little bit," i whisper, sliding my hand onto her cheek, and i wipe her delicate skin, her eyes closing slowly. i was so thankful for all of this, especially since we've gotten so far, but at the same time i know my girl, and i know just how tired she is right now.

"i-i can't...we've gotta work, baby," she says, and i shake my head, going to argue, but she scoots away, and i let her, knowing that this is what she wanted, and i wasn't going to keep her from working on what she needed. "j-just give me one more hour, harry, then we'll go back," she whispers, tapping her pen on the table and i nod, and she sighs, looking down at what we had.

"there's something missing," she says, and i swivel around in the chair i was in. "we have a blue, purple, pinks, browns and nudes..." she says, looking over the color sample pictures, that i would hope would be pretty spot on with the colors that come through. formulating the colors is what comes tomorrow before our flight to london, and then they get sent to us in california when we get back.