Hill's Decision

FLASHBACK

Agent Maria Hill, the former deputy director and director of SHIELD, stood before Nicholas 'Nick' Fury. He had ordered her to talk to him, hidden beneath a request when they were watching Criminal Parker's fight footage.

She would not admit it aloud but she was intimidated by Parker, she had thought of him as weak and a clown but now she knew he was holding back.

" Do you know why I wanted to talk with you, Hill? " asked Fury.

" no, director! " replied Hill.

" I always thought you would be the responsible one to replace me as a successor but you disappointed me Hill. You were level headed and calm agent but you have changed completely. You let stark influence you and the SHIELD, you made many wrong choices after I left SHIELD. you always tried to hunt and arrest one of the truest heroes and protectors, Spiderman. " Fury listed out all her mistakes, Hill just thing her head in shame.

" Director Fury I'm ashamed of my mistakes but that threat is not a hero, He is a convicted criminal, we have proof of his crime and --"

" Do you believe in justice Hill!? " asked Fury interrupting her.

" what... Yes, I do Director! " replied Hill.

" Then you should have noticed he wasn't even given a chance to defend himself, That's not justice Hill! A man never changes in a night. Do you know him as I know him?" Asked Fury as he stared directly into her eyes.

Hill just looked down, not meeting the eyes of Fury.

" Ok! Hill, I will give you another chance and take your position in the SHIELD back," said Fury as he looked at Hill.

" How? I will do anything, Sir! " asked Hill urgently.

" You just need to investigate Parker's case, interrogate him properly and unbiased. Find what really happened, then you can get your rank as the Deputy back! " said Fury as he looked at her intensely.

Maria Hill, the former deputy just looked at Fury and thought about her options. She needs to get the position back and the most important thing is to get Fury's respect and trust back.

" I'll do it, Director! " replied Hill with determination.

XXXX

1 HOUR LATER

" I can't do it, Director! " said an angry Agent Maria Hill as she clutched her bloody nose.

Fury just stared at her disappointed as a nurse tended to her bloody nose. How Hill got injured we'll...

XXXX

MARIA HILL'S FLASHBACK

THE RAFT

LEVEL 4

Maria hill stood before the former hero turned terrorist, as she glared at him and he returned the glare with his own. She is hating the job Nick has entrusted her, she was asked by him to investigate his case as she was the only one he can trust.

She the former SHIELD director, is now tasked to help the terrorist in front of her, what was the director thinking? Helping a known terrorist, as she remembered how the director forced her to investigate his case.