Silver lining

FLASHBACK

THE RAFT

LEVEL 4

NEXT DAY AFTER MEETING
MARIA HILL

Peter was in the washroom the next day washing his face. He was thinking about What is Fury up to now? Why help him now, not before? The only source was Maria Hill and they don't get along at all, the previous skirmish between them is the proof in itself.

He was in his deep thoughts but sensed some men walking into the bathroom. He can sense their eyes on him as his spider-sense buzzed lightly. He acted like he hadn't noticed anything, he slowly wore his eye patch with some difficulty.

He felt his spider-sense buzz off intensely as an object flew where his head is, so he tilted his head and caught the projection with his right arm. It was a crude metal object pointy at the start and curved like a pipe, he dropped the object down.

" Well well, you have good reflexes Spider-man! " said a voice as he turned and faced four men standing in front of him.

A buff bald guy was standing in the middle, on his left was a lean small Asian guy and behind them standing in front of the entry gate of the bathroom was a dark-skinned man which reminded him of Luke Cage by his built.

" What do you want? " asked Peter but he knew what they are here for? So him making the guys talk was just to analyse his opponents.

The lean guy looked fast, the middle one looked balanced fighter and the last one was made for strength.

" oh nothing, just someone wants you dead! So why don't you make it easy for us? " said the man in the middle as he took out a trench knife and got in a fighting stance.

The lean guy flipped a small knife in his hand and the last guy wore brass knuckles on his fists.

" Haven't you heard what happened to the hundreds of guys who had tried to attack me before? " warned Peter as he to his opponents he was relaxed but was on high alert.

" We are not some average joe, insect. We are mercenaries, professionals in the art of killing, have killed hundreds of people in completing our contracts.  we are always hired by the lords of Underworld. " boasted the leader as he got in his stance with the trench knives as he signalled the lean guy to attack.

' so they are hired by either kingpin, hammerhead or other groups of underworld. ' thought Peter as he the lean guy got his attention as he sprinted with his knives towards him.

If it would have been any other normal guy they would have died instantly without expecting him coming but Peter's body reacted instantly as the guy moved his arm back to generate momentum in his attack, Peter just spartan kicked him hard.

The man's body lurched as he received the spartan kick square on his ribs. He heard his ribs broke on contact and pierced his lungs. He spat a large amount of blood out as he flew and collided with the largest guy in the back.

The large man caught his teammate's unconscious bleeding body. The leader looked at spidey with anger then he started swinging his trench knives at Peter but Peter dodged every swing easily with his superior speed.

The man cornered Peter near a sink and he let on the opportunity to stab him but Peter stepped sideways and grabbed the man's back of the head and smashed him the mirror behind him.