Working Together

MADRIPOOR

OUTLAW BAR

Peter along with the mutants behind him walked into the bar, he was leading the charge and Raven was the farthest away from him. He looked at Stan at his usual place and cleaning the already clean glasses like all bartenders do.

"Stan my man, can you bring me my usual?", asked Peter as he looked at Stan.

"Haven't you had enough? You had gone with bunch of bottles, and now you want more?," asked Stan with a raised brow.

"I don't like being sober because I don't like my sober self and I really need it now," he pleaded, Stan sighed and presented Peter with his usual. Peter just took a large gulp and released a pleased sigh.

"ehem!" called out Laura from behind him.

".....and give them whatever they want," groaned Peter.

"Orange juice," said Kurt happily, but he was elbowed by Laura and glared by the other two mutants.

" Orange juice coming up, what else?" asked Stan with a smile.

"Peter, we need you to focus on the matter at hand," said Kwannon as she wanted to get all this done and save young mutants.

"Stan we need information on the mutant ring here, where can we find it?", asked Peter while getting another drink.

"What do I look like to you son, Google?" said Stan with a straight face.

"Don't joke Stan, you handle all the bounties and info in the bar," chuckled Peter at Stan's words.

"You got me son, but I have worked for you free but not for outsiders," he said as he looked at the mutants.

Laura dropped two sacs on the bar table and looked at Stan with a raised brow. Stan just chuckled and accepted the sacs and started to weigh in his hand. The sac made some clincking noise, making Peter look at him confused.

"Need some more, this is not enough" said Stan, making Laura look at him baffled.

"What? That's a lot of money!" exclaimed Laura. Kwannon sighed and grabbed another sac from behind her belt and dropped it on the table.

 "hmmm, this will do, for now. Peter, son, I will cut your weeks' quota as the complete payment" Stan said then looked pointedly at Peter, who spat out his drink and looked at Stan in shock.

"What? Why? and what the hell are you even taking from them?" asked Peter, confused as hell. Stan hit Peter with the dusting cloth on the head.

"Language my boy," said Stan sternly, making Peter raise his arms in fake surrender.

"OK, ok, but you do need to tell me what's in that pouch?" asked Peter.

"Currency that's accepted here," said Stan as he showed him a gold coin with lightning symbol.

"You don't accept real money?" asked Peter confused.

"No, in Madripoor every major merc has their own token," replied Stan.

"What type of Continental shit has been going around?......ow!" cursed Peter, then he was hit by Stan again for cursing.