Epilogue of ARC-3

FLASHBACK

Emma gasped loudly as she was forcefully ejected out of Peter's mind and found herself breathing deeply. At first, she was seeing his memories from the time when he first had sent the nearly dying Otto Octavius to the RAFT. While she watched events progress, she saw his body become controlled, and the distressing truth that he was forced to take a backseat in his own life.To exacerbate matters, his so-called friends and colleagues remained completely unaware of the dramatic changes, except for a chosen few.

She witnessed Otto's ascension to become the Superior Spider-Man and observed how everyone despised Peter for Octavius' misdeeds.When the heroes finally decided to take action it was already too late. She then observed the war between Spider army and the heroes and later the brutal outcome of that war.

The most devastating aspect was Peter's mental collapse after regaining control of his body and losing an eye and an arm.Despite being labelled a criminal and facing the tragic loss of his aunt and others, he was left to cope with the burden alone, even though Otto's mind was in control.His pain in the trial when everyone wanted his blood and the grief of seeing the crying children of Susan Storm.

Then came acceptance which brought his rage that was buried deep inside him. His brutal fights with inmates and guards, his heated arguments with Maria and then a slight hope that was buried when Maria said she will help him.

As she delved into his memories, she unexpectedly stumbled upon a vivid recollection—an intense surge of desire coursing through him as he and Maria drew closer together. Emma was about to witness an incredibly intimate moment, but just as she was about to glimpse more, she was abruptly expelled from his consciousness.

*Bang*

"You should have stopped at the trial!" Growled Peter in anger as he punched the table hard with his remaining arm, denting the metal table.

Suddenly the guards and agents burst in the room after hearing the noise and aimed their guns and taser at Peter. A startled Maria motioned them to stand at ease.

" Hill, I think she has enough information to process, I want to get back at my cell," he said to Hill while glaring at Emma.

Maria looked at Emma, who nodded her head in confirmation. Maria ordered the guards to escort Peter back at his cell and told her agents to wait outside.

After Peter's departure, Maria looked at Emma with a raised brow." So? What do you think?"

" He's innocent, complete innocent" said Emma as she tried to get her bearing back, she really looked shook at the suffering that Peter suffered. It affected her more because she had known Peter before, both professionally and personally.

Maria sighed her last flicker of doubt fading away, Peter really is innocent. She then looked at Emma who was staring at Maria intently.

"What?" She asked her b, butmma just looked at her, after few moments she replied.

"You really got intimate with him, in his own cell," Emma stated with a straight face.

"You read my mind?" Maria asked with anger.

" I wanted to see why are you helping him and I wanted to see what happened between you two that Peter had thrown me out of his mind," said Emma with a curious look.