Rematch

FLASHBACK

THE RAFT

Maria was in Ben's office and waiting for a visitor that she had scouted to help Peter, she was still not comfortable around him after their talk, their physical intimacy still fresh in her mind. She got a message from one of her agents about the arrival of the person. She got up from her seat and walked towards the waiting area. 

After some time Maria reaches the waiting area and she sees a feminine figure in an entire white business suit without an undershirt, she is Emma Frost whom Maria has convinced to be the mind reader.

"Ms. Frost"

"Director Hill," the ladies greeted each other.

"I am not the director anymore, just call me Agent Hill or just Hill,"  said Hill as she suppressed her irritation at being reminded of her lost position. She then handed Emma a visitor's card.

"Keep this with you all times while you are here, and thank you for coming here, now follow me," said Maria as she gestured for Emma to follow her, Emma nodded and pinned the visitor card around her breast pocket.

Emma followed Maria silently, they were also accompanied by some prison guards. Maria and Emma swiftly entered an interrogation room to find Peter, his right hand handcuffed to the table and a suppressing collar securely fastened around his neck. Peter looked at the new arrivals and was surprised to see Emma with Maria.

"Parker," Maria's voice called out, while she fought the urge to avert her gaze from his own. Emma, too, directed her eyes towards him, fixating on the vacant space where his left arm once had been.

"Hill, after a very long time you have decided to talk to me again?" asked Peter without even looking at her as he continued staring at Emma, trying to figure out the reason for her being here.

"As you can see There is someone with me who can help you in your case," She replied as she tried to remove the flashes of their intimacy and later the talk they had. Peter sighed and looked at Emma greeting her without expressing anything," Emma?"

 Emma just looked him in the eye with a fake smile, hiding the emotions bubbling inside her after seeing him again but she answered his unasked question. "I am here on behalf of Agent Hill as she has requested me to give your mind once again a thorough check, she doubts that Professor has missed some details previous time"

Peter then turned his gaze towards Hill as he had not thought of her to take such actions in her investigation. He had thought that she would just close the investigation after asking him a bunch of questions but she had gone and brought a telepath to look into his mind for truth, he would have been more shocked if he learnt of her asking from Jennifer and Felicia too, but for now he only knew of Emma.

"I have asked for another valued and certified telepath other than Dr Xavier, he might have made his decisions in the heat of the moment," replied Maria still not looking into his eyes directly, Emma raised a brow seeing the awkward air between the former hero and former director.