four.

pirate is online!

pirate: do you ever feel like a fraud?

blossom: what do you mean?

pirate: I feel like im expected to act a certain way around people and im tired of living up to peoples expectations
pirate: like i don't even know who I am anymore

blossom: that makes so much sense to me
blossom: I don't deal with people very well

pirate: you don't?

blossom: I'm not shy or anything but I hate being put on the spot, you know? like I hate it when someone asks me the opinion of something because I freeze.

pirate: really?

blossom: yeah I don't like small talk. when someone asks me something I always answer with what I think they want to hear, even if I don't agree with them, just so I don't start any confrontation.
blossom: afterwards im always like..did I really just say that?

pirate: I do that ALL the time apart from you, because it's different

blossom: how so?

pirate: because I think you're the only person I can be myself around
pirate: I don't have to pretend to be anyone im not because you don't know who I am irl
pirate: I dont have to think like you're gonna judge me

blossom: im always judging you pirate

pirate: BRO

blossom: omg im kidding
blossom: but I get what you're saying 100%

pirate: I think you're my favourite person blossom

blossom: I think you're my favourite person too pirate

blossom is offline!

the rest of the day was a blur but relatively good even if I don't remember getting back home to my grandmas.

because it was a sunday, there wasn't too many customers and kai definitely helped the day go so much quicker.

but I am exhausted.

I tried to persuade my grandmother to let me quit but after she threatened to beat me with her cane (which she doesn't even use) and she wasn't having any of it.

"it's just a summer job" my grandma rants, talking about how much she had to work to get to where she is.

it's pretty difficult to explain to my grandma how much the world has changed, especially in comparison from her being a teen to hers.

I try to excuse my attempt to quit by telling her about the mysterious girl calling me princess and she just raises her eyebrow, brushing me off.

"I pulled some strings to get claudia to talk to finneas about getting you this job, you've worked one day"

and I know for a fact if anything happened at work, finneas will tell his girlfriend and his girlfriend will come running straight to my grandmother.

this is great.

why did I get on the flight again?

honestly, I could've just pretend to be in LA and spend my time living in the middle of the woods all summer or something.