twenty four

when the car finally stops, billie wakes me up and takes my hand, leading me through the parking lot.

when we get closer, I see the sign on the wall.

rich bitch aquarium

oh my fucking god.

I remember mentioning that ive always wanted to visit an aquarium to kai because I used to visit all the time with my mom when I was a kid.

kai said we'd have to go together but obviously billie has other plans.

I can't believe she asked kai.

billie must notice the look on my face because she smiles grabbing onto my hand.

"you like?"

"I love this, thank you billie"

"I may have had some help from kai, you can thank them later"

"don't you worry, I will"

"why do you like them so much?"

"my mom used to bring me a lot when I was a kid, I just love the aquarium"

"this isn't the whole date, come on"

the building doesn't look big on the inside but when we get inside and billie pays the entrance fee, it looks so much bigger on the inside.

there isn't a ton of people here so I feel I can freely hold billies hand without worry.

it's stuffed with so many fishes and sea life and even though ive seen fishes so many times, it's amazing.

im so in love with this place.

you can tell billie has been here so many times the way she's weaving around and pointing everywhere.

"my dad brought me here when I was a kid" billie tells me as we walk down the arched room, a shark swimming above our heads.

"it's amazing"

billie looks away from the shark, to my face and smiles at me.

we're holding hands in the dark, her eyes are studying my face and I sigh happily.

my pulse quickens when billie squeezes my hand.

she quickly does a scan of the room and when she turns back to me, her hand leaves mine to cup my cheeks.

"you're really beautiful, you know that princess?"

she leans forward and kisses me with so much emotion, I almost collapse on the floor.

I will never get tired of her lips on mine.

we kiss and kiss until someone walks into the room and clears their throat and billie pulls me away from the room, both of us giggling.

no one has ever made me feel so beautiful.

"it's really cool, isn't it?"

"is this why you named shark, shark?"

"yeah" billie smiles "this was the first place my dad brought me after my injury. I just sat right there" billie pointed to the bench in the corner.

"I just stared at the shark. it was just swimming around and came and stopped right in-front of me, staring into my soul. it was almost like it was trying to talk to me, tell me I'd be okay"

room by room she guides me though the aquarium and I stand beside billie, holding onto her hand and leaning into her touch.

"I dyed my hair bright blue once I'd stopped drinking. I wanted to change and I came back here alone, the shark came back to see me and I adopted shark on my way home"

we're standing in a room when a shark comes close to the cage and startles me, making me jump.

billie laughs and holds her hand out, touching the tank and the shark spins around, almost as if it's happy to see billie.

"hi baby, how you doing?"

we stay watching the shark a little longer and then billie tells me we need to keep walking through if we're going to make it to the next location.

in the gift shop, billie buys us a little stuffed shark each and opens the passenger door all the way back to the car.

"billie"

"baby" her lazy smile starts the butterflies off in my stomach.

"billie" I whisper.

"baby"

"fuck, that was so....incredible"

"you don't think it was stupid?"

I immediately shake my head in protest.

I can't even find the words to express how I feel right now.

"no billie, I- thank you"

"the date isn't over princess" billie starts up the car and turns on the music again.

"where to now?"

"you'll see" she shoots me another lazy smirk and I sit back in my seat, my head spinning.