six.

my first full week begins this morning and when I drive past to park around the back, I already see a queue of people waiting outside.

every first Monday of the month there's either a special edition or limited edition record which goes on sale and 10,000 hours sends out a sneak peak of the album the night before, either a zoomed in photo of the album cover or a clue on the artist.

the 'fun' part is, people have to enter to win tickets and ten people win, gaining access ten minutes early.

and it's very popular because finneas hides it somewhere in the records and they have to try and find it.

I don't really understand because the winner still has to pay hundreds of dollars for the record but some people really fucking like rare records.

"are you ready for the chaos?" kai grins, fastening their name badge to their jumper and handing me a cup of coffee.

"you're a life saver" I take a sip and watch finneas as he moves a few records about, ready for the chaos to begin. "but no, I wanna be in bed"

"my first manic monday, I swear to god I almost quit. there's two enthusiasts who almost broke the rare record and we had to use the cctv to prove who touched it first. it was literally a hairline off and the guy who lost tried to sue, it was crazy"

"don't tell me they'll be back"

"no they were both banned but it's random people every time although we do get a few regulars who win the contest"

"don't you ever want the record?"

"I would rather never have sex again than attempt to beat some of these people in the fight to find the record"

"what record is it today finny boy?" kai asks finneas and he holds up a limited edition of one of pink floyds album.

"how much is that worth?" I ask him and he laughs "this one is only worth about five hundred dollars, we had one worth twenty thousand"

"five hundred dollars? for a record?"

"my dad bought this when it first came out, it's in mint condition and we trade a lot of his old collection and sell the ones he doesn't listen too"

"that was your dads?"

"yeah, this record store has been in my family five generations, we have a lot of records which are rare, a lot we don't even sell"

"where do you keep those?"

"if I told you sage, I'd have to kill you"

the backroom door opens and a familiar girl steps out, a hood covering her head.

what is billie doing here?

"im going upstairs"

"you good?" kai asks and billie doesn't say anything, reaching behind the desk for a key to the recording studio and bolts up the stairs, slamming the door shut behind her.

I look up at the closed door and furrow my brows.

"she'll probably be in there all day so I need you, kai, to call anyone who's booked in with the red room and make sure either another recoding room is available or have them rearrange their appointment"

"got it boss" kai picks up the phone and appointment book, walking into the back room.

"okay sage I need you to turn around and then you just need to sit at the desk, this isn't as bad as you think it's gonna be a promise"

"so I just sit here and look pretty?"

"exactly, put some music on" I walk over to the laptop and use the password to unlock it, making sure that the aux cord is connected and going onto spotify, typing my name into the search bar.