twenty three

you'd think that two people who (maybe) like each other and (maybe) text all the time would make time to see each other. i'm alone.

if not for kissing, for talking.

but an entire week had passed and all I got from billie was a small greeting when she came into the shop.

didn't stop her from staring at me like she wanted to eat me though.

every time I saw her, I watch the bruises on her face disappear and some life come back into her face.

and billie loved teasing me at work.

she texts me on shift, all the time.

wearing red today?

you need to wear knee high socks more often

has anyone told you how sexy you look with your hair pushed back princess?

I thought about sneaking over to your place last night but I didn't wanna get beat up again with your grandmas cane

i've got a boner thanks to that lil skirt

im tired, come over and nap with me

what color panties today baby?

and right now, I just received: baby, I think I need medical attention, will you come nurse me again?

this girl is killing me.

k i l l i n g.

things were much easier when I hated her ass.

"annoying ass hoe" I mutter under my breath and kai attempt to pull my phone out of my hand but not before I lock it.

"keeping secrets now?"

"never"

"what's going on with you and billie?"

"beats me" I shrug and kai rolls their eyes.

I briefly told them about the kiss but I didn't mention the fact we'd kissed more than once and how much we'd actually kissed.

or the panty touching.

"she's probably got a ton of other girls so I don't wanna overthink anything"

kai shakes their head "billie works her ass off, when does she have time for another girl?"

good point.

I don't know why but I feel guilty for even joking about it.

or thinking about it.

but I have been thinking about the possibility of billie being with another woman.

and I don't like it.

"besides, she's about to text you"

my phone pings and kai smirks to themselves.

what are they up to now?

billie: we both have tomorrow off
billie: lemme take you on a date
billie: I just wanna see those red panties again
billie: please say yes, im dying to see you alone

I look up at kai "did you know about this?"

"yes, ive already spoke to your grandma and I told here we're going out tomorrow"

"I owe you"

I can't type yes fast enough.

***