eleven

im standing at the back entrance to work, waiting for kai or finneas to arrive.

although finneas wasn't supposed to be working today.

kai was, but they're not answering their phone.

I think it might have something to do with the fact they were drunk texting me until three this morning.

im not sure whether finneas is pissed at me or not but I couldn't not call him.

even though he didn't sound very happy with me when he heard I was still stuck outside....alone.

and to be honest, even if I did have a key, I'd have no idea how to open up and how to work the AC.

I don't even know where the lights are.

I sit down on the floor, leaning against the door, waiting for someone to let me in, a book perched on my knees.

luckily im in the shade and it's still pretty early so im not too hot, although this is the last place I thought id be this morning.

ive been thinking all night about gabrielle and whether theres even a small possibility she could be pirate.

and ive decided last night that im going to talk to her again.

and ive been thinking about it all day.

"hey princess" I look up and see billie walking towards me, a key dangling from her hand. "you alone?" I shove my book into my bag and stand up, wiping my ass.

"do I look like im with anyone?" I lean against the wall, watching her open the back door and turn left, flicking the lights on.

I follow her inside and billie flicks on the AC, walking through to the  'staff room' to dump something on the table.

"damn baby, I could leave you alone here in the store with that attitude. don't you my help?"

"where's finneas?" I pick up my name badge and pin it to my sweater.

"he's taking peaches to the vet and luckily, im not working today so you're stuck with me"

"are you gonna leave when kai comes?"

"depends, now come on, this place isn't gonna open by itself"

billie turns everything on and I walk over to the ipad, finding a music station I like and opening up the register, watching billie as she finally turns to sign from 'closed' to 'open' and opening the door, apologising to the customers waiting outside.

eventually people fill in and out and billie is still in the store, helping me and the customers who need help with anything.

billie has tried to talk to me but ive avoided her all all costs.

apart from right now.

"sage, sage, sage" billie repeats from beside me, pocking me in the arm.

"you know when someone is ignoring you, it probably means they don't want to talk" I say, ignoring her, writing the new customer who's coming in to use the studio in the morning.

"you wanna talk to me princess, don't lie"

"what could I possibly wanna talk to you about?"

"where do you live?" billie asks me and I roll my eyes, folding my arms over my chest.

"in a house"

"where?"

"beverly hills"

"holy shit" billies eyes widen and I smirk, knowing she wasn't expecting it.