nineteen

pirate is offline.

blossom is offline.

*no new messages*

arms hug me tightly from behind.

"im so so sorry" kai voice says into my back. "how will you ever forgive me?"

it's the following day and ive had approximately 0 sleep.

all I could think about was billies lips gently kissing my neck and it was driving me insane.

im standing behind the register with a coffee in hand, ready to start the day.

although I'd rather be anywhere but here.

I wanna be in bed.

"there's nothing to forgive" I tell kai, leaning into their touch.

im just relieved they haven't asked about billie.

although I know it's coming.

"so...you and billie?"

there it is.

"she drove me home"

"and..?"

"and nothing"

so much for avoiding talking about billie.

great.

im glad they can't see my face right now.

"im just saying, you two are spending an awful lot of time together and are asking me a lot of questions"

"I haven't asked any questions"

have I?

"and you're giving her a lot of looks which scream I wanna ride your pole"

"you're insane" I shake my head in protest but I can't life, imaging billie on a dancing pole at her studio may have crossed my mind once or twice.

no biggie.

"hmm" kai kisses my head and then lets go and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

she's here.

"good morning eilish" i hear kai say and i briefly close my eyes.

"hello you"

my heart rate picks up and I don't look behind me, taking a sip of my coffee, glancing up to the clock to see how long left until the store opens.

why is she here?

"hey princess" I feel billie beside me and I exhale through my nose, rolling my eyes under my closed lids.

"oh hi billie"

"you good?"

"why wouldn't I be?"

I don't know if this is my imagination but does she smell extra sex dream-y?

did she do that on purpose?

is she wearing more because I told her how good she smells?

or am I just overthinking this?

I need to stop thinking about the word sex when she's right in-front of me.

"I got a guitar lesson this morning" billie tells me, almost as if I asked.

which I didn't.

and I wasn't thinking either.

"anyways what are you doing after work?"