thirteen

"you good?" we've barely been talking since we've been making our way to the ferris wheel.

when we get there billie tells me to stand beside the cotton candy truck while she goes to the ticket booth to buy tickets. 

when she hands me my ticket and we walk through, towards the ferris wheel, billie talking the whole way about how she went on the ferris wheel every year growing up. 

it was nice to her talk because then she didn't ask me questions.

especially the ones I didn't want to answer. 

we wait in line and billie finally asks me a question, but it's just about where ive been in LA so I answer, leaving out the reasoning for finding some of the stores I did. 

there's no way im telling billie about pirate. 

the line takes a long time but eventually we're waiting second in line, behind an elderly couple. 

I try not to look at how old this ferris wheel is and focus on the people around me. 

"hey" billie is stood really close to me and I can feel her breath on my neck which makes me shiver.

she grabs onto my hand and I tense up.

omg. 

"where's your eye patch eilish?" the operator says to billie and she rolls her eyes. 

"ha ha so funny, you gonna let us on?"

"ive missed you too" the bearded man smiles, removing the chain and escorting us onto the available lift. 

we step onto the lift and it swings a little and I tightly grip onto the rail, attempting to keep my face neutral. 

sitting down beside billie I notice we have front row tickets to the the lovey dove couple basically having sex in-front of us.

brilliant. 

the handlebar comes down and locks us into place and I didn't realise how close we're sitting. 

our legs are almost touching and im starting to regret wearing a mini skirt. 

"enjoy yourselves" the man says, letting go of the handlebar and stepping back down.

and we're off. 

we're not even off the ground and my stomach is already lurching. 

"you okay there princess? not afraid of heights are you?"

"no" I whisper, holding onto the handlebar like it's going to save my life if this thing collapses.

okay not the time sage.

"you're gonna love the view up here"

I skipped breakfast because I was too nervous to see gabrielle and now I feel like im gonna vomit up my empty stomach. 

"lets make a deal" billie says with a small smile and I roll my eyes.

"can't we just sit in silence?"

"no. ill ask you some questions with some options and we'll see if our answers match up"

"and why would I wanna do that?"

"to see if we're compatible friends or mortal enemies"

"we're enemies, quiz over"

billie completely ignores me. "question one. we have an argument (A)it takes days for us to speak again, (B) we never fight (C) we never make up" 

why does she care? 

"not B that's for sure" I roll my eyes, contemplating my answer. 

"but not really C either, I would says A but I might forgive but ill never forget"