nine

work is so much more tolerable now billie hasn't been back.

on my break I walk down to a local ice cream store and buy myself some, sitting on a bench in the shadow of the sun so I don't melt in the bright sun.

I pull out my phone and scroll through billie's instagram, which ive been obsessively doing since she tried to follow me a week ago.

I don't have many followers because I don't have any friends and honestly im a private person.

I like to be myself on there and I like posting covers of songs without fear of judgement or the chance someone from my old life to see.

the only reason pirate doesn't have access to my account is because it's firstly my name, but there's also photos of my face on the account.

and also ive never sang in-front of anyone nor do I ever want to sing in-front of pirate.

id be so scared she thought I was a bad singer.

billie posted a photo today and I stare a her face, spooning more ice cream in my mouth.

she's so pretty.

but why doesn't she smile?

billie always weirdly captions her photo and I scan through some of the comments, calling her hot and 'daddy'.

she got hella followers too.

"stalking me princess?"

I grimace and hit the power button to shut my phone off, but the damage is already done.

she saw.

"how did you find me? you stalking me?" billie sits beside me and I sigh, turning to face billie.

"of course I am princess" she sits legs spread, leaning on the back of the bench, her body turned to face me. "if you wanted to ask me sum, ask"

"im good thanks" I start to gather up my stuff but with the ice cream still sitting in my cup, ive just sat down.

"you declined my follow request"

"im a private person"

"but you have no problem staring at mine?"

I sigh, not wanting to argue.

yes I was staring at her photos, so what?

"is there anything you wanna know?"

"not really"

there's too much I wanna know.

"why were you staring at my instagram?"

"I was just...curious"

"about me?"

I nod my head and billie smirks, lifting up her sunglasses to stare me in the eyes.

"I own a dance studio, I teach people how to dance, I live in my parents house with my dog pepper, I love taco bell, im gay as fuck and im single" billie finishes with a wink.

"where are your parents?"

"my moms opened up a charity and travels the country with my dad in a camper van which makes plant based food to combat the climate crisis"

"plant based food?"

"mhm" billie runs her fingers through her hair, glancing to the people walking by.

"ive been vegan and gluten free most of my life and my mom makes a lot of plant based foods"

"so you don't eat meat or anything like at all?"