five.

the next morning im not working so I get to have a lie in, waking up after my grandmother has gone to her knitting club or whatever the fuck she does everyday.

apparently I need to keep my nose outta her business.

im glad I have a day off when im not jet lagged to be able to explore the city im about to spend all summer in.

ive already messaged pirate but because she works, I know she won't message me right away.

I remember her telling me she's working most days during the summer but it makes my stomach sink to know that she works so much to keep her family going.

it's not often she doesn't have a day off, working in her families store and her own job.

this is what I know about pirates job; she works for her family close to the beach because she said she sometimes takes a walk to the beach after work to watch the sun setting.

I also know that there's a counter, so it's possibly retail.

so...every single store by the beach.

there are two things which stick out from the rest which I remember her telling me about when we first spoke about her job.

first; she complains about the smell of the fast food restaurant nearby because the smell of cooking meat makes her want to vomit.

secondly; theres a stray dog she calls 'mattress' which she feeds whenever he comes over.

she loves looking after stray animals.

after studying what's close to the beach and writing all of the potential places she could be working, I decide to get on my bike an go explore the beach.

ive always disliked the beach but it's still beautiful to look at as I drive past on my bike.

I love that I know no one here and I don't need to attempt to impress anyone because once summer is over, ill never see these people again.

almost like a clean slate.

there was one reason I wanted to move out here which wasn't to move away from my dad for the summer or finding pirate.

I think the reason I know know much about her became one of my incentives for moving.

apart from my dad, there wasn't a single reason I wanted to continue living back home.

it didn't even feel like a home anymore.

I try not to get paranoid about it and let it consume and ruin my life.

so now, I have a reason to live, to secretly attempt to discover pirate before the festival.

I try to imagine her and how everything is gonna work out fine.

it's gonna be wonderful and by the end of the summer we'll be madly in love, holding hands while we walk through the festival by the beach and ill have my hands all over her.

which is what I spend a lot of my free time imagining myself doing to her body.

I slip on my sunglasses and head left, towards the beach.

the main stretch of shops is half a mile long.

I scan my eyes over all of the stores and bars dotted around the street and I park my bike up, using the lock to secure it.

whatever is here, I suspect it isn't gonna be easy finding pirate.

I walk down the stretch and on the side street, see a fast food restaurant beside a bookstore, a dance studio, a gym, an ice cream parlour and a vintage clothing store.