Chapter 1

Sunlight poured in through the gaps of the interlaced treetop, then sprinkled dazzlingly to the ground below. The huge trees towered into the clouds, with its tangled vine roots looked a little bit unsightly.

The animals in the forest usually came out at night to find food, so in the afternoon like this the forest was very quiet, with only some rustling sound of the leaves that were brushed by the wind.

The sun swayed with the movement of the leaves, and within the shadows, there was an existence that was out of place with the forest environment.

It was an attractive and beautiful boy, who was lying on a giant tree branch, with sleepy looking eyes, his thick eyelashes quivered slightly, and a faint smile hung at the corner of his mouth, as if he had dreamed of something happy.

"Ao wuu!!!"

Suddenly there was a terrifying tiger roar that made the eardrums trembled and startled the forest birds to fly away from their branches, this situation raised a cacophony through the forest momentarily.

The giant tree where the boy was resting collapsed, followed by a muffled sound from some kind of physical collision.

Just awakened by the tiger roar, the boy couldn't react that fast to jump into another tree branch. He could only hurry to use his spiritual power as a buffer, to avoid having an ugly free fall.

Even so, the posture of the golden snail, aka the boy when he landed was still not that elegant.

He slowly got up from the ground, and when he looked up, he was startled by the two beasts in front of him.

There was a huge white tiger lying down on the side of the tree. The white tiger was trying to lift his body with his sturdy limbs, as if he was about to get up. His head tilted at a strange angle in the direction of the golden snail.

A few steps away, was a black giant python with its head raised and its long tongue was trembling slightly in the air. The dark green vertical pupils stared at him coldly.

These two were probably startled by the golden snail that suddenly fell from the tree, caused a moment of stagnation in their movements.

The golden snail used his brain capacity a hundred times faster than usual, quickly analyzed the scene in front of him, and came to a conclusion.

--These two beasts were fighting, and here he was just a hapless pond of fish that had been hit by them*.

*Innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire

Being stared at by the two pairs of eyes, the golden snail was a little embarrassed. He raised his hand and greeted the two dryly, "Oh, sorry for bothering you, please continue."

After speaking, he lowered his head and picked two fruits with the most intact skin and delicious color among the fruits that were knocked down to his side. Only then did he slowly stand up and walked towards a fallen tree not far away.

The appearance of being unhurried, as if behind him were not two ferocious beasts fighting each other, but two dating lovers.

Raymond looked at the young man's back in surprise, and the huge snake head turned slightly to the direction he walked.

The boy was almost naked, with only a rough grass skirt woven from vines around his waist. The snow-white feet contrasted sharply with the thick dead leaves on the ground.

How could there be a subbeastman here??

Several possibilities flashed across Raymond's head, but he had no time to think about it for now. He only heard a roar, when the white tiger jumped from the ground, kicked his hind limbs, and leaped towards him.