harry and mia's conversation about having sex once they get back together

Anonymous asked:

For Mia and Harry how do they approach fun sexy times after getting back together in a none dom/sub way like with their kinks and having fun and harry dealing with some struggles of feeling guilty and maybe some angst with mia jokingly saying sir or something

i've written in a different blurb that harry is a little reluctant about having sex for a while after they get back together because he doesn't want her to think they'll fall back into the dynamic they had before. he wants to show her that he's thinking of their relationship more seriously and sex isn't all he wants from her, so this blurb is just that conversation!

***

"Are you always this clingy in the mornings?" Harry asks, struggling to walk to the fridge with his girlfriend pressed to his chest, her arms around him tight. "Or is this a new annoying trait about you?"

"It's not new," Mia tells him sleepily, inhaling the scent of his sweatshirt deeply.

"You weren't like this before."

"Didn't know if I was allowed to be like this before."

Harry pauses in front of the fridge, his hand finally wrapped around the handle. She says these things a lot, often in passing, and he never fully knows how to react to them. He can't argue and say she's wrong because he distinctly remembers Mia being different as a submissive, and he's only now coming to terms with the fact that it was his doing. Especially after she'd told him she loved him for the first time, he'd noticed a shift in her behavior and just how little she'd cling to him. Now that the barrier is gone and they've talked about reconnecting, it's odd to see Mia so affectionate with him.

It also pains him that she felt like she wasn't allowed to be herself with him.

"Right," Harry says finally, opening the fridge door. "Sorry. It's not annoying, by the way. I was only kidding."

Mia picks her head up and kisses his cheek gently. "Don't be sorry. And I know you're kidding." She follows him back to the counter and moves out of his way when he needs to grab a knife.

He's laid out all the fruits, beginning to roughly chop them so he can prepare them both a smoothie. At least that much hasn't changed between them.

"You're coming home early tonight, right?" she asks him, waiting until he's finished chopping to slide into his arms again. He pops a strawberry into his mouth.

Harry smiles, enjoying the way she says "home" for this apartment, though it's not his and she's still sharing it with Amara. "Yes," he answers, pressing a chaste kiss to her forehead. "An hour earlier."

"Great." She wraps her arms around his neck and softly kisses his mouth, enjoying the tartness of the strawberry on his lips. His hair is already tied up, so there's no chance his curly strands will tickle her face. When she pulls away, she can clearly see his handsome face. "Hey."

Harry's holding her waist already, leaning her against the counter. "Hi."

"We should have sex tonight."

Harry's eyebrows rise. She can't be imagining blushing across his cheeks. "Wow. You don't sugarcoat things at all, do you?"

Mia shrugs her shoulders, pressing a kiss to the corner of his mouth. "Not things that matter." Her voice drops to a whisper. "So. Can we?"

His grip on her waist loosens slightly and he presses his tongue to his cheek. "Mia."

A sweet smile spreads across her lips immediately. "I love when you say my name. Yes, Harry?"

He presses his forehead to hers and circles his arms around her torso easily, tugging her in. "Don't you think we should, I don't know, talk a bit more?"

"What more do we need to talk about?"

He shifts his head to press a kiss to her temple before pulling away. Her hands, however, grab his sweatshirt and keep him against her. "I don't know. I don't want it to seem like I've gotten back together with you just to have sex again. I mean," he looks very uncomfortable, glancing down at where she's holding him, "I don't want to give you the wrong impression. I know why I'm in this relationship with you again, but I don't know if I've fully convinced you of that."

Mia doesn't reply, tilting her head and just watching him try to make a coherent argument.

"I love that we're back together, Mia." He places his hands over hers and looks back at her. "And I don't want to give you the wrong impression because that's how our previous relationship was. I don't want to make you think of something when it's not my intention at all."

"Harry," Mia says gently. "I know you love me."

"That's not what I'm worried about. You told me you don't want to be my submissive."

"And I'm not your submissive."

"But every other time we've had sex, it's been with that dynamic. If we have sex again, you don't think it'll feel like I'm just using you again?"

Mia's eyes widen with alarm. "I don't think you ever used me, Harry. You're not being fair to yourself. You loved me then too. And I know you love me now. When we have sex, I will know the difference between you being my dominant and you being my boyfriend."

"How?"

"How? What do you mean, how? It'll be like I'm having sex with a whole new person! I won't call you sir..." Mia trails off. "Wait. I won't call you sir ever again? I liked doing that. Maybe I could do it only sometimes."

Harry says, "I would prefer it if you didn't call me sir for a while."

Mia nods immediately. "Of course. Whatever makes you comfortable."

"I think," he says carefully, "you can eventually if you'd like. But, again, Mia. I want there to be a difference that you can see between that person and I. I want you to love your boyfriend. I want to be a good boyfriend to you. Does that make sense?"

"Of course it does." She stands on her tiptoes to kiss him again. "It's fine if you want celibacy from me."

Harry can't help but laugh at that, bringing her in for a hug. "Fuck's sake, Mia. I don't want you to be celibate. I just think we should work on this boyfriend and girlfriend relationship first. I mean, I barely know what it's like to be a boyfriend, much less how to show my love to you. And there are so many things you still do because that's what I asked from you when I was your dominant. I don't want that anymore."

Mia huffs, pressing her nose against his jaw. "Like what?"

"The way you tell me to order for you whenever we go out, or when you get worried that I'm upset about something I have no right to be upset about. We need to break out of that. I'm your boyfriend, not someone you always have to be wary about."

"I know you're my boyfriend," Mia whispers, rubbing her cheek on his sweatshirt. "And you're different now. You're right, though. We need to work on us before we jump into sex."

"We're agreeing," Harry says, resting his head on hers. "That's something different. It feels so wrong."

Mia laughs and pulls away, squishing Harry's cheeks together. "I love you so much, I want to murder you."

"Thank you?"

"This was a good talk." She pauses, suddenly frowning. "If I ask you to spank me, will you cry?"

Harry rolls his eyes. "Get out of my way and let me make my smoothie, woman."