The One With The Alternative Ending

Anonymous asked:

hiii!!! i love love love mia and harry so much i've literally re read it 12 times now. anyways, i was wondering if you would ever do a spin-off different ending one where we see what WOULDVE happened if harry went after her that night she left him. i think it would be a cool narrative!

**

I think breaking up was the best thing that had happened to them. Even though their breakup was different than this alternative scene, the best thing they could do was stay away from each other for a few months. They grew into their shoes when they spent time away from that toxic relationship. No matter how many endings or alternative scenes I'd write, I'd always want them to break up for their own sanity and health. The reconnection was their choice and what seemed right to them because they'd learned more about themselves in that time.

Here we go:

**

Then.

Very late at night, around midnight, there was a knock at the door, snatching the sleep from Harry. He tossed on a shirt and stumbled to the door, opening it to see his submissive impatiently waiting at the door.

"Amelia," he hummed sleepily, happy she'd returned. "I knew you'd c—"

"My keys," she interrupted, barely audible, slipping in, reaching for her keys besides the TV. "Just here for them. And my bag."

"You're mad at me, baby. Let's not make any decisions right now. Come to bed," he mumbled, reaching for her. It was too dark, and he couldn't see the concerned look she shot him, unable to tell the man she loved no. How could she? She'd grown so used to him.

"We're done," she said quietly, and Harry realized her voice was nasally as if she'd been crying. It made him want to scream.

"No, love, it's alright. Okay look. I'm sorry," he insisted, gently wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder. She smelled like coffee. "Let's go to bed and talk about this in the morning. Check out is at eleven anyways and then..."

"Harry," she whispered. "It's over. Let go."

It took him a minute to process what she'd said and by the time he'd understood, she'd begun to softly cry again. He picked his head up and studied her for a second, heart sinking with every sniffle and sob that shook her body.

"What? Hey," he said in a strangled voice, pulling her tight against him. "Don't do this. I'm not a bad person."

"You're not. I just want something you're not willing to give me," she whispered,. "It's okay. I can get over you. I'm a big girl, remember?"

He couldn't wrap his head around it. "Mia," he tried again, shaking his head desperately. "Don't leave me, Mia, please don't leave me." His legs felt weak, and if she wanted him on his knees, he'd more than happily sink to the floor.

The last time Mia kissed him was when he'd finally let go of her, pressing a soft one to his cheek, mumbling tearfully, "Goodbye," in his ear.

"I'll be better," he attempted once more, reaching for her as she made her way to the door. "I'll, um, I'll tone down the punishments a little and we can go on more dates?" That should be enough to get her to stay. "You can...you can hold my hand if you'd like? Know you love holding my hand." Please remind me how much you love holding my hand.

"Harry you know that's not the problem," she said, looking up at the ceiling as if the answers were there, shaking her head, drinking in big breaths. "I can't force you to love me."