The One Where She's Not In The Mood

a harry and mia blurb in which one of them wants to have sex and the other doesn't. takes place during the dom/sub days. :)

**

Mia gazes out the hotel window deep in thought, trying to follow a single raindrop with her eyes until it hits the floor. There's just something about the rain that always seems to cheer her up, yet it's barely making a mark on her right now. There's a book splayed open in front of her and a pen behind her ear. Assuming she could read a little and bring her mood up a bit, she's disappointed when it doesn't help. She even has a hot chocolate she got from the lobby, yet it's empty cup is sitting on the desk besides her and while it might be warm in her stomach, it hasn't made the butterflies there cease their fluttering.

There isn't exactly something she can blame for the anxious feeling or the sinking of her heart whenever she looks down at her book to start reading again and finding it hard to concentrate on a single line. She's where she wants to be. She's in Harry's hotel in New York, gazing down at the beauty that is Manhattan, and while this is most definitely her element, she finds it difficult to feel excited.

It had only begun today. She was happy to bring Harry's stuff upstairs to his room last night. The sadness hadn't occurred until she'd woken up without him besides her and breakfast waiting on the table besides her. Maybe she'd cried in the shower a bit and maybe she'd dumped her coffee down the drain because she could bear being so upset and jittery at the same time. There wasn't anything he'd even done to upset her, yet the nagging feeling in her heart was lingering, clearly making no move to go away.

All she can do is sit on the window sill and wait for him to return. Maybe he'll know how to help her. He always does. He's always right.

Finally after staring out the window for half an hour, a car pulls up to the hotel that looks a lot like his and his driver comes around to hold an umbrella over her dominant's tall frame to escort him inside. For the first time, a strike of giddiness hits her. She sits up a little straighter and looks around the room. Nothing seems out of place. There isn't a mess. She walks over to the door and waits patiently.

As she waits, her eyes water, but she blinks away the moisture quickly, wanting to be happy when he comes back from his meeting. He opens the door and looks at her, surprised she's standing there.

"Amelia–" he says at the same time she begins to speak.

"Sir–"

He arches a brow and shuts the door behind him, her body flinching when he harshly locks it.

"How was your meeting?" she presses, stepping closer to him. He shrugs off his jacket and hangs it next to the door.

"Good," he tells her, pressing a quick kiss to her forehead. He removes his hair from the bun and shakes the wet strands onto the carpet. A few droplets hit her cheek, but she makes no move to wipe them, simply happy he's here. "How was your afternoon?"

"It was fine," she lies dismissively. "Can I get you anything? Water? Juice? I can order food too. Didn't have dinner cuz I was waiting for you."

"No, I'm–"

"I just realized we have half decent channels too so I can put something on for you and we can have tea or whatever you'd like? Also, I bought kettle corn because I know you don't like the regular butter popcorn. Actually, you don't even like popcorn, right?"

He gives her a peculiar look, confused by the way she's looking up at him, need glazed over her eyes. "Hey. Stop. Take a breath for me."

She inhales and exhales quickly. "Sorry. Just haven't had any human contact for a couple hours."