harry buying tampons

anonymous asked:

One day when you have the time could you grace us with a blurb about sweet mundane things between Harry and Mia.... maybe Harry calling Mia and being all whispery and awkward about which tampons she needed or Mia folding laundry and sneaking Harry's shirts into her side of the closet 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

***

OH MY GOSH!!!

harry's not used to being the dutiful boyfriend that he wants to be for mia, so it takes him a while to mold himself into the role. she's never sent him to run errands for her, but this particular thing she needs is too dire, and she's bed ridden so it's not like she can get up and do it herself.

she calls harry and asks him to go to the store for her, and he jumps at the opportunity – because mia is his baby and he's wrapped around her finger – and he doesn't even question what she needs from there. he's driving there at 10 at night, just happy to do something for her.

he calls her when he gets there. "never told me what you needed, baby," he says, walking in between the two automatic doors.

mia sighs. "tampons. and chocolate."

harry stops in his tracks for half a second before clearing his throat and then continues to walk. "okay. uh, yeah okay, what kind?"

"uh, hershey kisses sounds good."

"no, no," harry says, frowning. "tampons. what kind would you like?" he better be imagining the teenager who just walked by with a small smile on his face, no doubt hearing harry's quiet words.

"super plus would be great."

super plus. what the hell does that even mean? like they're extra big? or the box is just big because it contains more tampons? and would tampons be around the same place as pads and panty liners?

he doesn't want to sound stupid so he just says, "uh huh. anything else?"

"kotex, okay?"

"sorry? is that the chocolate you wa–"

mia giggles. "kotex. the brand of tampons. it's a purple-ish box. usually pretty beat up and i'm not sure why."

"oh..." harry says, looking up at the aisle numbers, trying to figure out where the sanitary part could be. he knows in one store they're near the makeup. and another they're near the medicine and vitamins. "so, where are they?"

"usually on the bottom shelf."

"uh huh...of which aisle?"

"the back shelf near the makeup." she says it as if it's the most obvious thing in the world, so he can't help it when his cheeks blossom into a pink color.

he begins walking in that direction, and he continues glancing around like a new born baby until he reaches the area, and then he feels overwhelmed. "um, what was the brand name?"

"kotex."

"right. super big?"

mia stifles a laugh, aware that he's already under a lot of pressure and doesn't want it to seem like she's ridiculous him. "plus. super plus."

"fuck, right. doesn't that hurt going in?"

"you don't hurt going in, so how could that?"

harry ducks his head shyly, hoping nobody heard that, especially the woman who walks by because he knows mia tends to be a little loud on the phone. "love, flirt with me later yeah? right now i need to find your kotex," his voice falls to a whisper at the last word.

he rummages through the boxes, finding out that he's looking through pads, before finally landing on the right products. he checks the lower shelf. to his dismay, there's nothing there.

harry tells mia he can't find it, so she tells him to ask someone. apparently he doesn't need to and already looks hopelessly lost on his own because a middle aged woman with graying hair taps on his shoulder and offers him a kind smile.

"need some help, honey?"

mia listens to the conversation they have, phone pressed to her ear, heart soaring at the gentleness of harry's voice.

"yes," harry says, "erm. my girlfriend needs a certain type of tampon and i can't seem to find it. the kotex super big..."

"plus," mia interjects.

"plus!" he quickly corrects himself.

"oh," the woman says. "yeah you have to look a little deeper for those. let's see..."

within thirty seconds, she finds for him and hands it off to him. harry's ear are no doubt pink. "i'm sorry," he says. "i've never really looked for–"

"it's okay! good lad you are."

when she leaves, harry tells mia, "that was so bad."

"yes it was. now come home to me so i can kiss your head," she whines.

"which head?"

"fuck right off."