guest room punishment

Anonymous asked:

ok but the person who sent you the ask about harry and mia reminded me of the blurb where they're fighting and she brings stuff up about how he always swept stuff under the rug by taking her phone away or making her sleep in the guest bedroom... i was wondering you could do something like that where he made her sleep in the guest bedroom and the next morning he finds her really tired cause she got no sleep and far in headspace because she thought she jeopardized their relationship or something🥺

okay hi so gentle reminder that requests aren't open. thank you :)

***

Harry's outstretched hand and arched eyebrow makes her want to stomp her foot and walk out of the house that instant, but she holds that part of her back and slowly withdraws her phone from her pocket. He nods when she places it in his palm and then it's away from her eyes, tucked into his back pocket. There are tears now stinging in her eyes, but she refuses to let them fall. Instead, she crosses her arms over her stomach and stares at him.

"Good," Harry says. Then, he bites the inside of his cheek. "What's the look for?"

"You're so wrong for doing this."

He hums, scratching the side of his jaw. "Amelia, you didn't listen to me."

"Taking my phone is enough. I don't understand why you need to..." she trails off, unable to continue. She can't even say it. "It's unfair."

"I don't think it's unfair."

"Well, I think it is."

"Well, I don't really care."

Mia crosses her arms stubbornly. "Sir, this is unreasonable. You know I can't...you know..."

Harry places a hand on her back, not a comforting one but a strict one. It's there to remind her that he's getting annoyed at her again and that she should watch what she says next.

"I'm aware that you have difficulty sleeping without me when we're both here." He knows this because of the times she laid helplessly awake while Harry sat in his office, working on some last minute details for work, spending at least an hour in her room until she came padding along the wooden floor, draping herself over his body. It's because she knows that he's there, and they should be together right? It's only fair because one person is come all this distance to be with the other person. Why is it so bad that she wants one minor thing consistent between them, and it's that they should be in bed together? If anything, she finds it ironic that he can be okay with her not under the sheets with him when the whole point of their relationship is...

She doesn't have anything to say to him. She simply looks at him with a sad expression as he pushes her forward.

"C'mon. Go upstairs."

Her mouth forms into a pout. Not a cute one or a fake one. She's genuinely upset.

"What if I need something?"

"Give me a shout. But only call me if you actually need something. I'll be upset if you call me just because you need help opening the window or something." When she looks away from him, dejected, he adds, "Amelia, I need you to understand that I was worried. I didn't know where you were and you had every ability to shoot me a text about your whereabouts. If you want to be away from me for so long and not use your phone, then that's what's going to happen tonight."

She tells him what she's been saying for hours now. "I didn't want to bother you," she says quietly. "It was two in the morning."

"The fact that it was two in the morning is what bothered me the most. Just a text would have sufficed and gotten you out of this position."