• Four

Chapter Four: I Want The World In My Hands

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Pain, pain, pain, pain, pain.

Voices echoed, "She doesn't want to talk Rossi! You didn't see her, she is going to be sensitive, we are not treating her like a criminal!"

You groaned quietly, not loud enough to grab whoever's attention. What is going on? What are you laying in? The stale smell of disinfect was so familiar that it stung your noise. It was like lemon flowers mixed with mildewed water. The constant beeping was causing your headache to only grow. Fabric was wrapped around parts of your limbs for some reason. You couldn't recall anything that happened in the last twenty four hours.

"We need to focus on finding him!" he sneered, "He did this and ran out, we need to worry about where the hell his man is instead of interrogating a woman who isn't even awake!"

You recognized that voice. It was on the tip of your tongue- Adam- no, Aiden, Adrian? Who the hell was in your room with Rossi?

"Axel has already been spotted in Virginia, we have this under control," Rossi placed a comforting hand on Hotchs tense body in an attempt to calm him down. Red coated his once white button up. "We aren't going to treat her like a criminal, you know this Aaron."

Aaron.

Aaron, your boss. What is he doing here? A steady beep was turning rapidly as you started panicking. God, why can't you just open your eyes? Your breathing was rapid and your mouth was screwed shut like a mummy. Footsteps rushed over to you, holding you

down steadily with voices swarming the room.

"Y/N you need to remain calm, you're in the hospital," Aaron's soft voice cooed to you.

Encouraging words weren't helping, the state of confusion was overwhelming your brain, mixing memories and reality. Not knowing what happened was so horrible, the last thing you remember was getting dressed for the halloween party. Axel was in a rush to get there and get back but you were throwing things in your purse and then- nothing.

"I don't- I d-don't" you stuttered out in a state of hyperventilation. "What's happening?" Your eyes finally peeled open to reveal the bright white lights that burned your face, forcing you to close them again. "The lights" you breathed.

"What? What about them?" Aaron asked softly, holding you down to the bed while the others raised their brows. Three nurses occupied the room now in a short period of time.

"Ugh- turn them off" you groaned in pain from the spurious movement a moment ago. You sucked in a breath through gritted teeth," It hurts."

Aaron smoothed your hair, "What hurts Y/N?"

"Everything," you swallowed thickly with a sigh. "I- what happened?" As you reached up to touch your head, a cord pulled on your hand to stop you. Aarons hand wrapped around your wrist in protest and slowly placed it back on the bed.

"You had an accident," he said hesitantly, unsure on how to explain the situation so soon, "You're at North General Hospital. You have a concussion and three broken ribs."

Rossi stood back, allowing Hotch to take the lead on this. After working with victims for so long, he wanted to give it a break. You had a special place in his heart and to see you like this made him sick. He is tough at this old age but not tough enough for this. When Rossi looked at you, he saw a strong daughter he never had. Someone who needed the fatherly protection that was absent growing up. He beat himself for not seeing this coming, after all he was a profiler.