• Twenty Eight

Chapter Twenty Eight: It Almost Feels Like It Was Just A Dream

What's happening?

This is weird.

Where am I?

You glance around. You can't tell what's happening. It feels like you're looking down on yourself. Suddenly you realize what you're feeling. It's dark, so dark, and the only thing you can feel is his breath. But it's weird because you're looking down at yourself.

The scene you left. Axel is staring down Aaron. Axel leaves the knife in your back and Aaron points the gun sharply. You can tell tears are collecting on his eyes but he can cover them. He always does. You want to reach down and touch his shoulder, tell him you're okay. Tell him that it's okay if there needs to be more bloodshed. That it's okay if he wants justice for you.

Physically you don't have any limbs. It's like you're living in your head, simply being out of body. It's the weirdest thing you've experienced. Your body is staining the carpet in the closet a crimson red. You have thoughts, just no way to act on them.

"What did you want?" Aaron booms, "Justice? You have nothing to be looking for."

The words only make Axel clench his fists, "I loved Y/N. You took that away from me."

You don't notice the immediate change in demeanor when Axel uses past tense. You aren't dead. Well, you don't think you are. Surely it has to be a lot better than this. This was what you felt like with Axel when he'd beat you to the ground, you could watch yourself out of your body.

Everything in the corner of your eyes was white, like you were watching the whole thing on a projector. 

"I didn't take her away from you. You did that to yourself when you decided her life was nothing but an object," He laughs humorously, "You're nothing but a coward."

Aaron takes a step closer to Axel, stepping to avoid your body. You still had a pulse, thankfully. "You're the coward! Can't even take care of your own son!"

"What does that have to do with Y/N?" Aaron questions mockingly. "Everything you think you know is a bent truth and you know it."

"Everything I know is true," Axel counteracts. Aaron steps closer, teasing the tip of his gun into his chest, pushing him back slowly away from you.

Please let me live to see this.

"I think the tobacco is getting to your brain, doll."

Just as Aaron says those words, your vision goes blurry once again. You're close to regaining conciseness. Little by little your nonexistent limbs float away into dust, and darkness consumes you once again.

• • •

"Don't ever say that," Hotch whispers quietly. "You're ability to lead this team isn't just shown in actions, Morgan. When the team looks up to you and has your respect, actions come next."

"This could have been avoided man!" Morgan whisper yells. "That was a textbook trap."

The familiar smell of bleach is burning your nose, the constant beating of your heart monitor is giving you a headache. You squeeze your eyes tight and try to recall what all happened.

You're back in your own body, which you immediately regret. You feel every vein running through your body, every artery connected to your heart as it beats slowly. So slowly.

The blade is so cold but so hot at the same time. Really, you can't feel it all that much. Maybe that is because it's the only thing you can feel. Okay, now you're just confused. Someone crouches down before you. You wish you knew who it was because it isn't Aaron.