• Twenty Seven

Chapter Twenty Seven: Save Me A Seat, Lover

Aaron POV
12:11 AM

I wasn't ready. I didn't want to find out what was happening in Oregon. If it was still in Oregon.

Y/N decided to dry off outside of the car and change into fresh clothes. I took the opportunity to call Morgan. He was blowing up my work phone while we were at the beach. I hadn't noticed until I got back into the car.

I didn't want any distractions. Now I see that may have been a mistake. I glanced over my shoulder to make sure Y/N is still in the same position. She is under the beach showers to wash off the sand stuck on her skin. As captivated as I was, I knew I had to call Morgan.

"Morgan," he says immediately after I start to ring him.

"What did Garcia find?" I ask sternly.

This was exhausting. I wanted justice for her- for Harmony, Celia, and Tate. I'd never been so helplessly connected to a case that had me wrapped around its finger. I want to be a passionate leader, to want the same outcome for every single victim saved, but selfishly, I wanted this to be the best.

"She got in Axels computer. He is low on money and in D.C. He was stupid enough to use a credit card to book a hotel near Emily's apartment. We're gearing up now."

I wasn't a nervous person. I welcomed the anxious feeling that came with this job. So when my heart dropped at the sound of Morgan's words, I knew I was losing my edge.

Axel is so close to her.

And she is so oblivious. In a dark twisted part of me I wanted to save myself the lecture of allowing the team to go on a heist without me. It's against protocol, I'm not off duty. I remind myself of Rossi and Morgan who are enough to lead the team.

I was already imagining myself in the future. How Y/N will react with tears of joy in her eyes and a look of relief but she'll end up guilty, tucked in our room for days. I wouldn't know why she felt guilty, so it would drag me down as well. I try to think about how our dynamic would shift.

I shake away my thoughts.

"Have Garcia keep me posted. You can lead this team Morgan."

"I know, Hotch," he says. "Everything here is covered. Make sure Harmony and Y/N are safe."

I can tell he is going to hang up, so I interrupt the action. "And Morgan?"

"Yeah Hotch?"

I sigh and grip the steering wheel, "Please- Please be safe. Y/N will need you more than anyone."

"Sure man," he said before hanging up.

Just as I drop my phone back into the glove compartment, the trunk opens. Y/N appears to be untying her wet bathing suit. I clench my jaw and try to peel my eyes from the rear view mirror but I simply can't. Her soft skin, wet and dripping hair.

She catches my eyes in the mirror, the brief contact causing me to readjust in my seat and clear my throat. She sends me a sweet condescending smile just before allowing her top to fall off her body.

Her eyes don't leave mine as she slowly wrings out her hair slowly. God, she knows what she is doing. Slowly, she leans down so I can only see her collarbones now as she grabs one of my button ups from the back. My eyes screw shut.

I don't see when she takes off her bottoms, but I know she didn't put anything else on as a replacement. The view of her disappears until she is opening the passenger side door and sliding into the seat.