Pale Present

{I have one of these plushies and got the idea for this in between sleep cycles, enjoy}

"Here."

"You don't need to announce your presence to me Potter", Draco drawled, rolling his eyes.

Of course, Draco and Harry had to be dorm mates. They were surprisingly civil, rocking the school to its core.

"No you git, I got you a present."

Draco's eyebrows furrowed and he gently put down his quill. They weren't that civil.

"Why in Merlin's name would you do that?"

"Because I saw it and it reminded me of you. Here."

Draco nimbly caught the plushie that Harry had thrown at him.

"Why does this of all things remind you of me?"

It was soft, and quite adorable if Draco was being honest, but a seal of all things?

"At least", he supposed, "it wasn't a snake."

"Because it's pale", Harry deadpanned.

The two men stared at each other until the corner off Draco's mouth turned up into a small smile. He was trying to come up with something witty to say, insulting even, but Harry spoke again before he could.

"It's cute, and it could kill me at any second. Screamed Draco Malfoy at me."

Snorting, Draco really looked at the plushie, trying to understand what Harry meant. The seal was holding a knife and looked innocent enough. He had looked that innocent too once, with his slicked back hair and smirk. Maybe that was it it?

"Wait did you just call me cute?"

The realization hit Draco like a brick. He must have misheard. Surely Potter wouldn't... He wasn't...

"I did", Harry replied with a grin.

"Malfoy's are not cute Potter."

"Well excuse me for not wanting to call a plushie sexy. That feels borderline illegal."

Draco was sure his face was burning now. Cute was one thing, it could be innocent enough calling someone cute. But sexy?

"Maybe a body pillow or something, but that's still weird", Harry continued on, chewing on his lip as he mulled over his thoughts.

Draco's face was on fire, and Potter looked too amused and proud for Draco's liking.

"Why get a body pillow when you could have the real thing?", Draco offered boldly.

He wanted to take it back immediately. The goal was to make Potter as flustered as he was, not to encourage him further in whatever game he was playing.

"Now that is something I can work with", Harry replied with a grin, walking over to Draco and picking him up, carrying him to the bed.

"Potter you big brute put me down!"

"As you wish", Harry responded, dropping Draco onto the bed, laughing as he bounced and his hair fell into his eyes.

Kicking off his shoes, Harry climbed into bed next to Draco, who was too stunned to move, and threw his arm over him. Immediately Draco went rigid, not knowing what to do.

"I think body pillows are softer than this", Harry mumbled into Draco's shoulder, trying to get comfortable.

"What the hell just happened?"

"You told me you'd be my body pillow, and I like to cuddle. You kind of suck at your job. I think Draco Jr may be better than you", Harry joked, brushing the hair out of Draco's eyes. 

"I have never been this close to another human being that isn't my family in my whole life, barring Voldemort, who hugged me unprovoked", Draco finished bitterly.

"Maybe you're so grumpy all the time because you need to be cuddled."

"Potter you prat, that's rude!"

"Since when has something being rude ever stopped you from speaking?", Harry mused.

Rolling his eyes, Harry made himself more comfortable. He fancied having a nap. His head went onto Draco's chest, his arms wrapped around Draco, and one of his legs slid in between Draco's. Yawning, he summoned a blanket over them, and snuggled into it.

"Potter-"

"Shut up. You don't sleep well either Draco", he mumbled. "Your glamour charms might even be better than mine."

Draco frowned, removing Harry's glasses to get a better look at him. He had to concentrate deeply to see the faintest traces of magic.

"I think you win this one. I didn't even know you wore a glamour."

"That's kinda the point", Harry replied with a snort.

Draco was going to protest about how he had homework to do, this was too intimate for him, when Harry buried his face in Draco's neck.

"You smell nice", he mumbled.

"You're not letting me go are you?", he asked, face burning.

"You can if you want."

He was exhausted, and Harry was so warm...

"Fuck it", Draco thought.

He twisted himself around until he was the one laying on top of Harry, arms around him. He could just feel the smile on Harry's face. Turning slightly, it was a stunning sight to be met with.

"I like to be on top", Draco said, closing his eyes, committing the smile to memory.

"I'd bottom for you", Harry said innocently, wrapping his arms around Draco, who's eyes immediately shot open.

"Potter!", he squeaked.

Clearing his throat, he continued on.

"Must you make everything so sexual?"

"Hey you started it by saying you're not cute, which you are, and then you made me change my wording to call you sexy, which you also are."

"Is this your way of coming out to me?", Draco asked quietly, hundreds of thoughts flying through his head.

"I'm bisexual. That doesn't bother you does it?", Harry asked, worriedly scanning Draco's face, wondering if he read the signs wrong.

"No, of course not."

Truthfully, Draco had not planned on coming out to anybody, but he knew he could trust Potter. His own mother suspected, Merlin forbid his father came to that conclusion. Draco would be as good as disowned.

"I'm gay", Draco tested out, saying it aloud for the first time to another person. "Merlin I'm gay, I'm so fucking gay", he finished with a giddy laugh, burying his face into Harry's chest.

Harry just gently ran a hand through Draco's hair and let him have his moment. When he had calmed down, he rested his cheek on Harry's chest and looked up at him.

"That's good, or else this would've gotten really fucking awkward", Harry replied, sitting up slightly to kiss Draco's forehead.

"Get some sleep. I'm proud of you Draco."

With that, Draco watched Harry slowly drift into sleep underneath him, and he realized that maybe there was still some hope for him yet.