Oblivious

"Honestly how do they not notice?", Draco asked exasperated.

"What do you mean Draco?"

"The way that they look at each other. They're obviously in love."

"Some people are very oblivious", Harry replied fondly.

"If someone looked at me like that I would notice."

Harry couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up in his chest.

"What? Why are you laughing?"

Harry couldn't stop if he tried.

"Are you implying I wouldn't notice?"

Tears were streaming down Harry's face and he just shook his head.

"I- gotta... gotta go", Harry choked on, still laughing and semi-crying.

"Potter!", Draco yelled, reaching out to Harry, who had just disapparated.

"Who on earth could be in love with me?", Draco mused out loud. "And why would it be so funny?"

Once Harry calmed down, he set to work. Draco would have questions, and now Harry would have to answer them. He figured it was time, he just couldn't help laughing at the irony.

"My oblivious idiot", he mumbled to himself, shaking his head.

Harry had some work to do.

It was some two hours later when Draco received an owl. His confusion mounted when he saw it was from Harry.

"What in Merlin's name?", he whispered to himself, accepting the package.

What seemed like hundreds of photos tumbled out, all of them of Draco and Harry. Having put the earlier conversation out of his mind, Draco was confused as to why Harry would send him photos of the two of them.

It was the last photo where Draco was laughing and Harry softly brushed Draco's hair away from his eyes, smiling at him with a look. Not any look, the look.

It was accompanied with only a few words.

"Do you see it now?"

{A/N: I was inspired by an instagram post of a Drarry comic I saw earlier today and wanted to give my own take. I can't post a link on here but the account is waterlouper and it's their post from November 8th, 2021

Potential short story in the future? Let me know!}