Enchanted (Drarry's Version)

Harry Potter liked to think he was an easy going guy, but there were certain things that annoyed him to no end. Currently, his biggest annoyance was the Ministry's upcoming gala. His public appearances were few and far between, but he was never one to turn down charity. That's how he found himself lamenting over his wardrobe choices.

The dress robes that he did have no longer fit, and the last thing he wanted was to go traipsing about through Diagon Alley looking for new robes. Instead, he decided that a muggle tuxedo would be his best option. He thanked Luna for hosting random themed parties requiring him to buy new clothing that actually fit him. 

"Harry, are you home?!," Ron called, following the sound of the floo flaring up.

"Bedroom!"

"What are you up to? Ah, getting ready for the gala then?"

"I am," Harry replied with a sigh. "Are you wearing dress robes or a tux?"

"Dress robes. Hermione and I are matching," Ron replied with a bright grin. "You're going for the tux then?"

"It's the only thing that fits," Harry admitted sheepishly.

"How you can work for the Ministry and not have a singular pair of nice dress robes is beyond me."

"Shut up and help me pick a tie will you?"

Upon arrival, Harry was happy to find that he wasn't the only one dressed in muggle formal wear. The last thing he wanted was to stick out even more. He already felt naked without his signature glasses on. 

Harry's best disguise was simply himself. The patented Harry Potter image was messy hair, glasses, his scar, and loose, often tattered clothing. When Harry actually took care in his appearance and concealed his scar, he was unrecognizable. No one would believe that the curls he sported while he was out were natural. They still stared, but not because he was Harry Potter, which was an improvement.

His eyes wandered the gala, and he nodded at Ron and Hermione on the dance floor. All Harry wanted was for the night to be over. He had been at the Ministry earlier, aiding in the set up and allowing himself to be photographed to help boost attendance numbers.

There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired lonely place

His laughter was forced, his smiles faked, and he was exhausted. However, the more people that spent money on tickets and the open bar, the more money that was donated to worthy causes. He could deal with that if it meant those in need received the help they were entitled to.

Walls of insincerity,
Shifting eyes and vacancy

Throughout the night, many people had approached Harry, trying to get him to dance. He refused, playing the part, encouraging them to buy drinks and pushing his suitors off onto each other. His gaze swept the room yet again, but paused on one face he hadn't noticed before.

Vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

The man looked up at Harry, then glanced around. When he found that Harry was looking intently at him, he smiled shyly. Draco tilted his head, analyzing Harry.

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"
Across the room your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me

There was something in the other man's gaze, and Draco felt drawn to him. It was familiar, and Draco leaned into the pull. Before he knew it, he was crossing the dance floor to stand in front of the other man.

The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy

"Can't find anyone willing to be stepped on for a dance?," Draco asked teasingly.