Social Casualty Part 2

Draco didn't see Harry on Friday. Instead, he came back to work from his lunch break to find Harry waiting for him on Tuesday afternoon. Harry was still donning his Auror robes and was sitting at the end of a bed, swinging his legs much like a child.

"Potter?"

"Hello Healer Malfoy. Good lunch?"

"Yes, it was good thank- Potter what are you doing here?"

"I can't visit my good friend at work?," Harry asked innocently, clutching his side when he laughed at the face Draco made.

"That'll be the day Potter. Robes off then."

"Well, since you asked so nicely."

"Oh fuck off!," Draco replied with a laugh.

"Is that how we talk to our patients?," a stern voice asked.

Draco looked up to see his supervisor peering into the doorway and his face flushed.

"His job is to both heal and humble me," Harry waved the voice off. "I specifically requested Healer Malfoy. He's the only person here that I trust to tend to my injuries."

"I don't know why no one paged me."

"Because I told them not to. I didn't want to bother you during your lunch. I'm not dying, it could wait."

"Yes, you would know wouldn't you?," Draco replied dryly.

His supervisor looked at him with a raised eyebrow and Draco bit his lip.

"Healer Malfoy can take it from here, thank you," Harry said pointedly.

"Very well Auror Potter."

"I hate coming here," Harry said, throwing a locking and silencing charm at the door with a flick of his wrist. "I'm sorry, I hope I didn't get you into trouble."

"No, she tends to peek in on my patients sometimes to make sure no one is being aggressive towards me. I can understand why you'd hate coming here though. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen you here."

"I'm sure that's accurate, I only stay when you're here to see me. If not, I'll do my best to heal it myself."

"You're such an idiot. I'm doing a full body scan. Lay on the table."

"Yes sir," Harry mock saluted before trying to lay down and wincing. "Can I maybe sit in a chair? Or can you look at the injury before I lay down?"

"Go back to sitting at the edge of the bed. Was that comfortable for you?"

"Yeah."

"Can you take your shirt off so I can examine the wound?"

"Is it okay to vanish it or should I not use magic near myself? Taking the robe off really hurt."

"I can help you get it off. Tell me if it hurts."

"Believe me, you'll know."

Draco cursed quietly under his breath. He didn't know what he was looking at at first because of how many scars and old wounds there were. Harry grimaced and turned away, unable to look Draco in the eye.

"Can you tell me what happened?," he asked softly, gently pressing his fingers to the bruising on Harry's ribs.

As Harry ran through the story, still decidedly not looking at Draco, Draco conducted his assessment.

"Potter, can you look at me please?"

"I'd rather not."

"Harry."