One Date

"I need just one date," Draco promised Harry.

"You think you can woo me with just one date?," Harry replied, amusement written all over his face.

"Absolutely."

Draco sounded a lot more confident than he felt. He and Harry had been flirting for months, and Draco didn't want to let another Valentine's Day pass alone.

"Very well. I look forward to being wooed."

"I'll pick you up at 6."

Draco Malfoy's first mistake was not establishing a dress code. He had shown up in smart casual, while Harry had dressed to impress. He was in a full muggle suit, while Draco had decided on dress pants, a button up shirt, and a tie.

"I'm underdressed for once in my life."

"And I'm overdressed for once in my life," Harry replied with a laugh. "I can change if you'd like-"

"No. You look really good."

"Thought I'd clean up for you," Harry teased with a grin.

"Maybe I'm the one being wooed."

"Going back on your word already?"

"Never. Let's go."

Mistake number 2 that Draco Malfoy made was making the reservation under his own name.

"Reservation for two under Malfoy?"

"I'm sorry, we don't have a reservation under that name."

"I placed the reservation months ago, and I was sent a confirmation."

"Perhaps the reservation is under Potter. Harry Potter?," Harry asked, brushing the hair off of his forehead so his scar could be seen.

"Mr. Potter, of course. Right this way to our most private table in the back."

Draco's hands formed fists at his side, and Harry held his hand in his own, prying his fingers apart.

"They're just mad they're not here with me," Harry whispered in Draco's ear, his lips then moving to graze Draco's neck.

At least Draco felt a little better after that one.

"Is there anything you recommend?," Harry asked, pulling Draco's chair out for him.

Draco cursed to himself mentally because he should have done that for Harry.

"Do you trust me to order for you?"

"Woo me."

That was Draco Malfoy's third and fourth mistake of the night, respectively. First, the waiter who came to top off their water was gawking at Harry and Draco so much that his sleeve caught on fire from the candle.

Then, Harry and Draco were sharing bites of food when the same waiter bumped the table, causing Draco to drop food on Harry's lap.

"I'm so sorry!"

"It happens," Harry replied with an easy shrug. "If you'll excuse me, I'll go get the stain out."

Would the date be better or worse if Draco got up now, left, and never saw Harry ever again? His head was in his hands, and he was praying for something better.

Upon his return, Harry frowned at the sight of Draco hunched over. Really, Harry had had worst dates, but he didn't think this was the time to discuss that. Instead, he pulled Draco's hands away from his face and kissed them both.

"The stain is out. It's okay. I'll have you know someone once spilt a whole bottle of wine on me once."

"I think I would die."

"Where were we?," Harry asked teasingly, moving closer to Draco.

"Someone between my fork and your mouth."

The rest of dinner thankfully went by with no issues, and Draco released a breath he was holding.

"I have dessert back at mine, shall we go for a walk?"

"I would love that."

Hands intertwined, they walked out of the back of the restaurant, going for a stroll. At that moment, four things happened simultaneously. Harry thought he would quite like to kiss Draco and turned to face him. Draco turned towards Harry and took a step forward. Camera flashes began to go off, and it started to pour.

"The world hates me," Draco lamented, turning his face up towards the sky.

Harry held his hand out for Draco's, smiled wickedly at him, and began to run, pulling him along.

"I haven't run since I played quidditch!," Draco panted, yelling over the rain.

"You must be a snitch, because you're what I've been seeking my whole life!," Harry yelled in return.

Draco groaned, apparently it could get even worse.

"You must play quidditch. I know a keeper when I see one."

"I didn't even play that position," Draco replied, panting against the tree they stopped under.

"I know another position I'd like you to play," Harry flirted with a grin. "Shall we go back to yours then?"

Draco offered his arm, and they apparated to his front door.

"Oh good, the dessert is here."

Draco opened the box, and almost dropped it onto the ground.

"I'm cursed."

"What's wrong- get well soon Herbert. Well, I hope whoever Herbert is enjoys the dessert you ordered," Harry teased, swiping his finger through the chocolate frosting.

"I know tonight has been a disaster-," Draco began.

"I got to spend the whole day with you, are you kidding me? I call that a success."

"This is what you call a success? Merlin Potter you have low standards."

"You'll just have to help me raise them then, don't you?," Harry asked, brushing Draco's hair out of his eyes.

"Does that mean I wooed you?"

"I wouldn't go that far," Harry started with a laugh, "but I would like to take you out this time."

"Just to be clear, you're asking me out on a second date?"

"I am, if you'll accompany me."

"I'd kiss you, but I don't kiss on the first date."

"How about, the second date is us sharing that bath tub of yours?," Harry murmured, lips centimeters away from Draco's.

"It's a date," Draco confirmed, melting into the kiss.

Harry tasted like chocolate and the promise of a better future.