Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was the one holiday that Harry Potter truly despised, and not because his eye color was equated to pickled toads. No, it was because everyone who proclaimed to love him did so in such outrageous fashions that he was terrified of the holiday's repercussions.

"Come on mate, you need to get up!"

"Oh you just want all of my chocolates!," Harry snapped, pulling the blanket back over his head.

Ron pulled the blanket again, more softly this time.

"Gifts are getting delivered to the dorms this year! McGonagall is screening yours by the way, after past incidents. Come on."

Begrudgingly, Harry began to get ready, muttering to himself.

"Why can't we outlaw this ridiculous holiday?!," he asked, slamming his dorm room door shut.

"You better watch your back Harry. Cupid just might shoot you with an arrow this year."

"I'll take an arrow up the arse any day when people are trying to drug me with amortentia."

Draco snickered at Harry's comment, and looked away when their eyes met.

"I'm glad someone finds joy in my misery," Harry lamented, but the corners of his mouth were upturned.

Harry could always count on Draco to bring some sort of normalcy into his life, and he truly appreciated it. Their banter, that was more witty than harsh now, was oftentimes what kept Harry going each day.

"Something has to stay the same doesn't it Potter?"

"I don't know what I'd do without you Malfoy."

"Be terribly miserable obviously. I'm a delight," Draco drawled.

"If you two are done flirting, I'm ready for breakfast."

Harry's mood immediately soured, and he glared at Ron.

"You have no right to complain when you dragged me out of bed."

"Don't worry Potter, I'll protect you," Draco teased.

"My hero."

"Disgusting," Ron remarked.

"Don't you have a girlfriend to spend time with Weasley?"

Ron opened his mouth and immediately closed it.

"I should go get her from the library! Sorry mate gotta go."

Harry turned around to go back upstairs, when a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"You need to eat. Come on."

"Malfoy-"

"No," Draco replied simply, nudging Harry out of the common room.

Huffing, they spent the whole walk bumping shoulders. As soon as Harry opened the door to the Great Hall, he was surrounded by giggling.

"I'm not coming to lunch, I refuse."

"You're such a drama queen."

"Takes one to know one."

"Just eat so you can leave."

When Harry finally made his way to the table, he was surprised to see a note on his plate. Feeling wary, he prodded it with his wand and casted every detection and safety spell he could think of.

Deeming it safe, he picked up the note that read, "A breakfast divine, for the one I want to call mine." As soon as he read the note, all of his favorite breakfast foods appeared on his plate. Harry jumped in surprise and stared at his plate in bewilderment, completely missing the hidden smile of his admirer.