Hell Yes

Nothing was going was Draco's way today. It was a bunch of trivial things really, but when combined together it seemed like the day from hell. His last straw was when he spilled ink on his white shirt.

He entered the common room, robes storming open from how quickly he was walking. Of course, he tripped on one of the stairs, propelling him forward. Cursing, he kicked his door open, slammed it behind him, flung his robe to the ground, and yelled.

Exhaling slowly, he turned around to see Potter sitting at his desk and staring at him.

"Potter! What are you doing in my room?"

"Malfoy this is my room", Harry said slowly. "Are you okay?"

"Oh this is just the icing on the cake isn't it! I apologize, I'll be going."

"Hey."

The softness of Harry's voice had him stopping in his tracks. He had rarely ever heard Harry's voice take on such a tone, but it was never directed at him. They were barely on speaking terms. They were just... indifferent.

"What?", Draco asked defeated.

"Stay. I can get the ink out of your shirt at least before it sets. Hold on."

Getting up, Harry grabbed a spare shirt and handed it to Draco. He turned around to give him some privacy. After taking off his shirt with shaking fingers, Draco placed his hand lightly onto Harry's shoulder, and when he extended an arm behind him, Draco carefully handed him the shirt.

"You can sit down if you'd like", Harry said, taking the shirt into his bathroom.

For once, Draco Malfoy had no clue how he was supposed to act in a situation such as this. He could just leave now, but Potter was being too kind, his borrowed shirt too soft, just like his tone of voice. No one ever had the nerve to speak to Draco in such a way, and it was dare he say... kind of nice.

Sighing, he sat down on Potter's bed after removing his shoes and took in his surroundings. He had never been in here before and didn't think he'd get the chance again. Potter became quite reserved after the war and spent most of his time in here. Draco couldn't help but wonder why.

The room was nothing like he had expected it to be. Not like he imagined Potter's room. And he certainly never imagined being in Potter's bed before.

Maybe he should leave after all. He was just about to get up when Harry returned, dashing all hopes of an exit.

"The ink came out, your shirt is air drying now, I hung it over the shower rod. It's probably more expensive than anything I own so I didn't want to try a drying charm, and with how high your emotions were running, I wouldn't attempt it either."

"Why are you being so nice to me?", Draco blurted out.

"You looked like you could use a friend", Harry admitted. "I know what that's like."

"But we're enemies."

Harry had the gall to laugh at him.

"Do you want to kill me?", he asked instead, sitting across from Draco.

"Don't be daft Potter."

"Well, I don't want to kill you either. That means we aren't enemies. The only enemies I've had are either dead or locked away. Compared to Umbridge you are a breath of fresh air", Harry finished, subconsciously running a hand over the scar on his hand.

Frowning, Draco reached over and grabbed Harry's hand, running his own fingers over Harry's scar.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"Potter I always tried to get you in trouble-"

"I always got myself in trouble", Harry interrupted with a laugh. "What's another scar? I've been told they add character. Either that, or people have been lying to me my whole life."

"They work for you."

"Careful Malfoy, I might start to think you like me", Harry replied with a wink, turning his hand over to squeeze Malfoy's in his own.

Draco startled, forgetting he had been touching Potter's hand in the first place.

"Sorry."

"You haven't apologized to me once in the 7 plus years I've known you, and now I get three apologies in the span of a few minutes. I may even be so bold to venture that we're friends."

"As if you'd want to be friends with me of all people, now I know you've lost it."

"Oh come off it Malfoy. If I didn't like you in the slightest why would you be allowed to enter my room?"

"What do you mean?", Draco asked dumbfounded.

"My room is warded."

"So?"

"So, you're in on the wards Draco", Harry said slowly. "Are you feeling alright?", he then asked, placing his hand on Draco's forehead.

"No I am not alright! I've had a shit day, you're being unreasonably kind to me, and you're calling me by my given name. Am I dead?"

"Now you're being dramatic. I hold no grudges against you Malfoy, I thought you knew that. I'm sorry."

"I must've hit my head or something."

Harry just rolled his eyes.

"Do you want some water?"

"Please."

As soon as Draco got some he splashed it on his face.

"I could've given you a wash cloth, a paper towel, or let you use my bathroom", Harry tsked, giving Draco something to wipe his face.

"Sorry."

"You're stressing yourself out. Maybe you should take a nap, listen to some music, or put on a film."

"How am I supposed to watch a film? Am I supposed to transfigure everything?"

"You don't have a television?"

"Why in Merlin's name would I bring one?"

"Entertainment? To forget the real world? Kill time until the school year is over?"

"Is that why you're always in your room?"

"I'm not always in here, I just like people to think that I am", Harry admitted. "It's hard when everybody knows you. I just like to go places where nobody knows who I am. I like being just another face in a faceless crowd."

"That sounds nice", Draco agreed.

How he wished he could do the same.

"Go out with me tomorrow then. I promise I'll make it worth your while."

"Are you asking me on a date?", Draco clarified, face reddening.

"I am. Do you accept?"

"On the condition that tonight we watch a film."

"I'll even let you keep the shirt", Harry replied with a wink.

"Deal."

"It's a date", Harry confirmed with a grin, pressing a kiss to Draco's red face.

What started off as a day from hell, ended with a hell yes.