Demanding Diva

{This has potential to become a larger story, for now it's a little drabble idea I had}

Draco never thought his life would end up going in this direction. Really, it all came back to Potter, one way or another.

Potter spoke up for Draco at his trial. Potter kept him and his mother out of Azkaban. Potter vouched for Draco to be able to go into Auror training. Potter partnered with Draco over Weasley to give him a fair shot in the field. Potter chose him as his partner permanently, to keep him safe and allow him to help others, trying to right all of his wrongs.

Potter always seemed to have his back, and Draco had become fiercely protective over the other man. He would do anything for Potter, and Draco depended on him to keep him in line. That's why he was furious that Harry had called out sick for days, leaving Draco alone and worried.

Draco's body seemed to be possessed by an otherworldly force once he had reached his lunch break. That could be the only reason as to why Draco was suddenly in Potter's house, bringing over Potter's favorite soup and tea.

"Malfoy?," Harry asked in confusion from where he was sprawled on the couch, blankets strewn about.

"Potter, I demand that you get better this instant!"

"Has anyone ever told you you're cute when you're demanding?," Harry asked with a sniffle.

Draco flushed and Harry smirked to himself, until he had to sneeze.

"You're delirious Potter. That fever is really getting to you."

"I'm just being honest Malfoy."

"Well stop it!"

"I know that you love compliments."

"Not from you! They make me feel... uncomfortable."

"You have the most breathtaking eyes I have ever seen. When I look into them it's like looking at a collection of all of the stars in the universe. Brilliant."

Draco blushed a deep crimson color and Harry gave him that lopsided grin of his that drove Draco absolutely wild.

"I think you need your head examined."

"Probably. But I'm speaking the truth."

"You have to be well enough to get back to work!"

"Malfoy, it's only been two days."

"Four if you count the weekend!"

"You miss me don't you?"

The lack of teasing in Harry's voice made Draco uncomfortable. Before Draco could become defensive, Harry spoke up again.

"I've fucked up your routine haven't I?"

It was an out if Draco had ever been given one.

"Yes you have as a matter of fact! I can't believe you- wait is that my jumper?"

"Erm... is it? I hadn't noticed."

"Potter it's green and has a snake on it," Draco deadpanned.

"I'm delirious. And a parselmouth. Is that soup?," he asked, sitting up.

"It may be."

"From that little shop I love?"

Draco couldn't help the small smile that appeared on his face at how much Harry had perked up.

"Along with the crisps, extra crispy."

"Have I told you how much I love having you as my partner lately?"