Halloween

The welcoming dance in September had gone so well that students were just begging to have another one. Conceding to their wishes, the Headmistress allowed for the student body to come together and throw a Halloween ball. She thought this would be a great opportunity for students to be able to get to know and interact with each other, while not knowing who belonged to which house.

Students had the choice of elaborate costumes, transfiguration, or glamours. Polyjuice however, was prohibited.

It took a lot for Harry to put himself out there and actually be in attendance. The only consolation was the fact that he would be attending in a glamour, and rumors were spreading that he wouldn't be attending at all. He may have helped this rumor along by declining all invitations to the dance and skipping the one in September. No one expected to see him around much, but could you blame him? Every time he made an appearance, it was heavily publicized. Harry simply wanted to be left alone.

Adjusting to life back at Hogwarts was not very pleasant for Draco Malfoy. He couldn't tell whether he preferred the yells and hexes or being completely ignored by those around him. Potter had put an end to the former extremely quickly. Now, whenever Draco walks into a room it's to the sound of whispers or complete silence. He longed to go home, but home wasn't a place anymore, and it hasn't been for a long while.

Pansy's infectious energy was slowly beginning to rub off on Draco, and she was glad to see him smiling again.

"It's fantastic isn't it?! No one will even know it's us! We can make actual knew friends."

"I wouldn't go that far Pansy."

"Fine. You can find some poor sod and snog the ever living daylights out of him."

"Oh I've been thinking about it. It almost feels like lying in a way if I do that though. I simply want to dance."

"Show everyone what they're missing darling."

After much convincing from Ron and Hermione, Harry made it to the great hall about half an hour after the party had started. He was all too happy to have ditched his glasses and baggy clothes. Leaning against a wall, he took in the sight of everyone and their costumes. The only discernible marker on everyone's clothes was a button that provided a range of three years the student could be in. Harry didn't plan on interacting with anyone, but if he did, he would only speak to those wearing a matching 6-8 button.

As his eyes lazily travelled across the room, they fell upon a lone figure dancing in between bodies. He was dressed in a beautiful angel costume, with glitter dusting his pronounced cheekbones. Once their eyes connected, the man smiled at Harry, and he couldn't help but smile back. He was hooked, and continued watching the man dance for another song. As that song came to an end, he made his way across the dance floor, stopping to grab two drinks on his way.

"Hi," Harry greeted, already beating himself up over not delivering a smooth line.

"Come to corrupt me then?," the angel asked, batting his eyelashes at the man dressed in leather.

"Do vampires corrupt angels?"

"I'd be willing to find out," Draco flirted back, purposely brushing his fingers against Harry's as he accepted his drink.

This was not how Draco had planned on spending his night, but he felt a magnetic pull towards the other man as soon as their eyes locked. If there was an extra enticing sway to his hips as he spun around, who was to say? It seemed to work as the mesmerizing vampire sauntered towards him, extra drink in hand.

"Care for a dance?," Draco offered, hand travelling up Harry's arm.

"You'll have to lead, I have two left feet."