Written All Over Your Face

{Inspired by the prompt: A (Draco) fell first, B (Harry) fell harder.}

Draco Malfoy had been in love with Harry Potter as long as he could remember. It wasn't a shocking realization, and he didn't realize it had happened until it was too late. With Draco being, well Draco, he put his feelings aside for the sake of his and Harry's friendship. Their friendship was Draco's most cherished thing, and he would not be ruining it with something as silly as his feelings.

Currently, the two men were lounging on Harry's couch, with Draco's legs sprawled over Harry's lap. Harry had put them there himself, ever seeking some kind of form of contact with Draco. Draco had learned not to take that as a sign of false hope, but he enjoyed the contact nonetheless so allowed it. He would be as close to Harry as the other man would allow him to be.

Everything had changed when Draco made a simple joke, as he often did. Really, he didn't remember how they had ended up this way. It was something along the lines of self-deprecating humor, the result of a very long day of work and some comments that had been thrown his way, and Harry was not having that.

Harry pulled Draco into his arms, and began to scold him.

"Draco, you're none of those things. You're kind and loving, and so incredibly funny. It's a privilege and an honor to have gotten to know you like this."

Harry emphasized the sentiment by hugging Draco tightly in his arms.

"Yes, but you always say that," Draco replied with an eye roll, leaning into Harry's touch anyway. "You're my best friend, you have to think those things."

"I'm Harry Potter, I don't have to do anything," Harry teased, playing into a joke he and Draco had started long ago.

"You may continue to inflate my ego if you wish," Draco joked, but the bags under his eyes said differently.

What had been going on at work had been hitting him harder than he was willing to admit. He would quietly accept the microagressions if it meant not upsetting Harry. One of Harry's best and worst qualities was being able to see right through Draco, and give him exactly what he needed to hear, no matter how honest.

"People will never understand, just like they don't understand us. They don't know that when I'm having a bad day and I'm stuck in a rut, you'll drop absolutely everything and come and see me, and that I'll do the same for you. They don't know that whenever something good or bad happens, you're the first, and sometimes only, person that I want to tell. They don't know that we sometimes spend days at a time with each other, because we're that close. They call me their savior, but you Draco Malfoy, are mine."

It's funny, how conversations like this one tend to put life into perspective. As Draco was pushing back his emotions, trying to come up with some sort of response that wouldn't make him cry, Harry finished his tea, completely missing putting the cup back on the table when the realization hit him with the force of the Knight Bus stopping to let off passengers.

"I know I'm wonderful Potter, but you don't have to break tea cups in celebration of me," Draco snorted, leaning over to look at the broken tea cup on the floor before tilting his head up to look at Harry, who was very, very still.

"Harry? What are you thinking about that has you looking like that?"

"You," Harry answered honestly, taking Draco's hands with his own. "The fact that you never leave my mind. How you're the first and last person I want to see each day, and how my days are better when that's the case. The way that we practically live together, and I think we should move somewhere together permanently.

The fact that I'm a right idiot for not realizing that I'm completely and utterly in love with you Draco Malfoy."

"Was that written in your tea leaves?," Draco asked quietly, sitting in shock.

"Written in my- No, but I think it's written all over my face. And sometimes I swore I saw it written on yours, correct me if I'm wrong."

"What do you want to come of this? How did you just come to this sudden realization? How do you know it's real?"

How was it possible that Draco had hidden his love for so long, and Harry was only realizing it out of the blue?

"My feelings towards you have always been real Draco. I know that this is real because I'm not afraid of losing you. That sounds absolutely mental, but I know in my heart that nothing will ever come between us, because what we have? Merlin Draco it's so incredibly special, and we would never let anything come between us.

As to what I want to come of this? I want to kiss you whenever I want. Nothing else will really change other than added physical contact. If you think about it, we've been dating for a year. We communicate with each other every single day."

"You promise that no matter what happens, we'll be together in some way?"

"Draco I would make an unbreakable vow, and you know how I feel about those. I don't know how else to show-"

Thankfully, Harry didn't have to because Draco was in his lap, his hands tangled in Harry's hair, and Harry felt so fulfilled that he could cry. Draco pulled back, eyes misty, and Harry couldn't help but press kisses all over his face, whispering words of affirmation.

"I've been waiting to kiss you forever. I never had a sudden realization that I was in love with you. I was very aware while it was happening, but I stayed, because I remember what my life was like without you in it, and I never want to know what that feels like ever again."

"I love you," Harry said simply, a goofy smile on his face, because it was clear what he meant now.

"I love you too," Draco replied, kissing Harry again.

Slowly, Harry settled them on the couch so that Draco was laying on top of him. The soft kiss soon turned into a passionate snog, and Draco pulled away breathlessly. Harry didn't let him get too far, quickly pulling him back in for another kiss, his hands wandering.

"Shouldn't we take it slowly?," Draco tried again, pulling away.

"I'm in love with you, you're in love with me, and it took me a year to realize it. That's at least a year's worth of foreplay right there. But if you want to wait we can just wait-"

"We've waited long enough."

With a grin, Harry kissed Draco once more, before apparating them into Harry's bed, where Harry fell for Draco once more.