Sleepy Cuddles

{Request for Queen_tigerlily I hope that you enjoy and this is what you wanted!}

The return to 8th year had been truly exhausting not only for Harry Potter, but Draco Malfoy as well. Both frequently snuck out of the 8th year tower to get some air and be alone, but soon found solace in each other's presence.

It was one night when Harry had covered Draco with his invisibility cloak so that he didn't get caught out of bed, that Draco suggested they go back to one of their rooms to study instead, as there were suspicions students were sneaking out.

Harry agreed, and they soon had a schedule of where and when they would meet up each week night. With a constant stream of storms battering the castle, Harry was lucky if he slept for 3 hours a night.

Draco too had been having issues sleeping, especially with the loud rumbling thunder, consistently keeping him on edge. He couldn't stand loud, sudden noises.

It was on one of these nights where they were in Harry's room studying. Both men were far too tired and preoccupied to get any work done. Thunder rumbled so loudly the castle walls seemed to shake, and Draco let out a squeak, jumping off the bed.

"I think I'm gonna call it a night, Potter", he choked out, closing his books and packing them away with a swish of his wand.

"Come here."

"Potter I need to-"

"Draco."

There was no arguing with a tone like that, especially when Harry called him Draco.

Tentatively, Draco moved into Harry's open arms, and he didn't think he had ever felt so safe and protected.

"I care about you, you know. I won't let anything hurt you Draco, I'll keep you safe."

"I know Harry. Thank you."

Soon, Harry felt himself drifting off to sleep.

"I should go", Draco whispered.

"Stay the night", came Harry's soft reply.

Draco felt as if nothing could hurt him for the first time in years, maybe ever. He allowed himself this one night to be with Harry, and finally get a good night's sleep.

It was early the next morning, especially for Ron Weasley, to be awake and moving about. He promised Hermione he'd accompany her to the library to study before breakfast.

"The things I do for love", he thought to himself, shaking his head as he searched for his Charms notebook.

It was then that he remembered he and Harry had been doodling in it, and that Harry had it last. Quietly, he knocked on Harry's door, knowing there was a chance his best mate was awake at this time. After receiving no answer, he made his way inside, almost tripping over his feet.

Malfoy was cuddled up into Harry's chest, and Harry had his arms protectively around Draco. A few pieces had clicked into place, and Ron shook his head with a knowing smirk.

After grabbing his notebook from Harry's desk, he grabbed a blanket to cover the two men. Closing the door behind him, he cast a silencing charm. It was so rare that Harry ever slept, and he looked too peaceful to disturb.

When Harry woke up well after breakfast, it was to someone shifting on top of him. Blurry eyes gave way to Draco, and Harry couldn't help but smile.

"Good morning", he rasped, loosening his hold on Draco slightly.

"Morning? Potter it's almost lunch time."

"So we have time to go back to sleep", he mused.

"I can't believe I slept that long. I never sleep that long."

"Neither do I. You smell really nice by the way."

"Oh. Erm. Thank you", Draco trailed off, face coloring.

Harry chuckled at the sight, before closing his eyes again.

"Are you really going back to sleep?"

"Well, I was. Unless you want to leave?"

"To hell with it. I'm still tired, you're warm, and this blanket is soft."

Harry didn't process the blanket comment until he had woken back up. Summoning his glasses, he realized someone had been in the room. He sighed in relief when he noticed Ron's notebook gone, figuring it was just his best mate. It had accidentally been packed away when he had left to go and meet Draco.

When Draco woke up again, it was to Harry's fingers slipping through his hair.

"What time is it?", he mumbled in Harry's chest.

"Almost lunch time."

Draco grunted, rolling off of Harry to lay next to him.

"I don't fancy seeing anyone else right now."

"We can grab something from the kitchens in about half an hour?", Harry suggested.

"Make it 45 minutes and you got yourself a deal."

"Fine by me."

Harry watched with a small smile as Draco lazily stretched, smiled shyly at him, then snuck back to his own room.

When Harry got out of the shower, he walked past Ron who greeted him, but said nothing about seeing anything. The thought was on Harry's mind when he met up with Draco once again.

"Sickle for your thoughts?"

Harry explained what was going on, and Draco's face was clear of all emotions.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to interpret or respond to that", he said finally.

"Me neither", Harry agreed. "I haven't told anyone who I've been spending my time with, but I know they have their guesses. I'm not ashamed of you or anything!", Harry rushed out.

"It's silly I suppose... but I just like having something kept to myself for once. It's like I sneeze and it makes headlines in all of the papers. You're different Malfoy. You always have been, and that's what I like about you so much."

There was no denying the blush on Draco's face either.

"Your company is tolerable Potter", Draco admitted, and Harry's goofy smile in response made his heart skip a beat.

"I'll take it."

It was when they were studying again, for real this time, Draco's head on Harry's shoulder, when Ron came in again.

"Harry. Malfoy", he greeted. "I brought back the Charms notebook with Mione's revisions in case you wanted to take a look."

"Thank you?"

"Course mate. I'll be off then."

"That's it?", Harry asked in confusion.

"Even I'm stunned into silence", Draco confirmed.

"Look, even if I don't like you Malfoy, you two are bloody adorable together. Everyone sees it, you two are just the last to pick up on it.

Harry is clearly comfortable with you considering how long he actually slept for. He's my best mate and I trust his judgement. It's none of my business who he decides to start seeing. Well, to a point anyway.

If he's happy then I'm happy. But remember this Malfoy, Hermione has a mean right hook", Ron warned before making his way out the door.

"That was bloody weird", Draco commented. "I wonder what he meant?"

"No idea", Harry replied, struggling to keep in his laughter.

"What?"

"Nothing at all Draco", Harry replied, kissing Draco on the forehead. "Nothing at all."