Dating is hard!

I woke up on Daniel legs. He was still asleep when I saw him. He looked cute when he slept. His messy hair, his scar, everything. My mind replayed the talk that we had last night. I never thought I would find out something like this, especially with the popular boy. Although, I should stop saying that. I got up and rubbed my eyes. I was freezing.
I checked the time on my watch, 10:36AM. My eyes widened and as I saw that I had twenty three missed calls from my mum. Plus it was Monday! I was missing school, and missing school led to grades dropping and me having a Lowe chance to get into uni. I sighed.
"Hey." , Daniel whispered. His head was still in the same place as it was when he was sleeping, and his eyes were looked heavily. Suddenly I wanted a chocolate donut, because if I couldn't eat him or his eyes I would have to make do with a donut.
"Hi."
"What's wrong? You look panicked.", he said, shifting slightly.
"Nothing. I'm just hungry.", I said, staring at the McDonalds. I was surprised we hadn't been run over or kicked out.
"Oh, what do you wanna eat?", he said, standing up.
"Chocolate donuts.", I said looking up at him. I really wanted this chocolate donuts, and not the real ones.
Wink.
"Donuts? In the morning?", he chuckled.
I nodded quickly, but then I realised that I didn't have any money on me.
"Shit. I don't have any money.", I pointed out to him.
"That's okay. I'll pay, don't worry.", he smiled, and helped me out. As we walked inside my phone started ringing. It was my mum. I began panicking, what would I say?
I picked up.
"Hey, mum.", I greeted.
"Baby, where are you?", she asked, concerned.
"Oh I'm...", I trailed off, not knowing what to say next.
"You're not at school are you?", she asked.
"No."
"Jules. Where are you then?"
"City Centre. I lost track of time when I came here yesterday and I fell asleep." I lied, partially.
"Okay. Just make sure that you get home tonight. You don't have to go to school. I'll tell tell your sick.", she ended the call after that. I was surprised that she wasn't shouting at me.
"Who was that?", Daniel nodded towards my phone.
"Mum.", and with that we went inside the McDonald's to order our breakfast breakfast and my chocolate donut for dessert.

~
When I got home, I saw my mum sitting on the couch with a man around the same age as her. Well, that's what he looked like. I was happy to see my mum happy but something inside me felt like the whole situation with my step dad would occur again.
I recognised the man. It was the same guy my mum... yeah. Before the incident.
"Hey baby!", she ran and gave me a hug. She helped me to to sitting room where the guy was smiling at me apologetically.
"You must be Julie, what a pleasure to meet you." , he held out his hand and I shook it once.
"And you must be..."
"Kyle. Call me Kyle.", he said, giving my mum a quick glance.
"Sure, Kyle.", I nodded.
I didn't want to be here any more than I had too so I got up and went to my room.
In here I had privacy and I was able to be myself. That's what I liked. But I was too tired to do anything. So I threw myself on my bed and fell fast asleep.

I woke up the next day on my bed. I was happy to see that I'd woke up before my alarm had. I switched it off before it rang when it didn't need to, grabbed my school clothes and went to the shower.
As I undressed I thought about Daniel. I didn't know why he was spending so much time with me, and the way he talked about his best friend with so much anger scared me. What was going on between the two? Was any of it my fault? I didn't want to think about that so I just shook my head and switched on the shower.
I said goodbye to my mother and went out the door . Getting into my car I drove to school.
When I finally arrived at school I relaxed a little. I saw Felicity waiting for me. I called her because I wasn't bothered to get out of my car but she noticed before I even rang her. Felicity ran towards my car, and I unlocked it for her to get inside.
"Where've you been!", she asked.
"Oh, I wasn't feeling to well yesterday.", I lied.
"Sure, it's just that Daniel wasn't in yesterday and everyone thought you guys skipped school to go have sex or something.", she said, smirking at me.
I rolled my eyes, that was definitely not true. Although part of me wished...
"That's not true. I wasn't with him."
"Mhmmm.", she giggled.
I sighed and we got out of my car. It was cold outside, the perks of winter! I shivered because I forgot to bring my jacket but I decided to own the cold. Felicity and I marched inside arms linked and everything. Inside the school, I saw Daryl, Jake, Mike and Daniel all leaning against their lockers chatting away at something. My heart rate instantly fastened as I walked past them. And I knew there eyes were all on me. I just made my way to my locker and left to get to homeroom. Me and Felicity were in the same homeroom and we sat down next to each other. But so was Daniel and Daryl. Ugh, what a great time!
As everyone filed in around five minutes later the boys entered the room. Daryl had his hands in his pockets and kept his eyes from me. Daniel was looking at me and smiling. I blushed and looked away. Felicity looked back at me and Daniel and nudged me.
"Are you sure you guys didn't fuck?", she giggled. I slapped her arm.
Daryl came towards us both and kicked my bestie out of her chair. She went to sit in the front of the classroom, and she wasn't upset at all. In fact she was eyeing us. Smirking at me.
"Hey Julie.", he tried but I ignored him. I didn't want to talk to that bastard or Jake or Mike. I didn't even look at him, nor did I reply to what he said.
"Julie? Please listen to me.", he tried again. He grabbed my arm and tried to make me look at him but I just grabbed my hand back. I was pissed at him.
"Oh for fucks sake, Julie listen!", he shouted so loudly that the whole class went silent and turned to look at him. I didn't care about what others were doing. I continued to face the wall and play with my pen.
"What?" , I replied so quietly but he was able to hear.
"Why are you ignoring me?"
"Huh. I don't know. I just woke up today and thought I'm gonna ignore Daryl.", I replied sarcastically.
"I'm sorry. You have to understand that I didn't know that they were there. You need to belive me.", he begged.
"No.", I shook my head.
"Julie?", he said and this time I turned to look at him. I was starting to belive him.
"I promise. On behalf of everything that I own and have I swear."
"OK."
"Wait does that mean you forgive me?", he asked hopeful.
"Sure.", I smiled and got up to sit next to Felicity.

~
As second period came to an end me and Felicity made our way to the locker room.
"What was that about?", she asked. And I knew she was referring to homeroom.
"Oh. You know when Daryl came over to complete that science assignment? Well, his friends were saying on me and he wanted to tell me that he didn't know and apologize.", I shrugged.
"LOL. K", she giggled.
I grabbed the key from my pocket and opened my locker. It was an organised, clean locker. I had pictures on the door of my locker and my books were set to one side . There was space for my backpack, perfumes, deodorant and snacks. But there was something out of place. A red envelope was resting on one of my perfume bottles. I grabbed it and opened it. Felicity saw what I was doing and watched me. We gave each other a quick glance as I opened it.
Once opened, there was a small peice of paper inside it. I pulled it out and read it.

Meet me in the gym today after school. -D

"Which D is it?", she asked, and I knew what she meant.
"Shut up. I guess I have to find out don't I.", I puffed and began the year long wait for the end of the day.
Finally, as soon as the bell rang, signalling it was the end of the day, I packed up my stuff and went straight to the gym. Nobody was there so I waited for him to come. I hoped it Daniel because I enjoyed being with him but Daryl wasn't involved on drugs like Daniel was. I came to a sudden realisation that I liked both of them. As soon as I realised that, the door to the gym opened. It was Daryl. His blue eyes were searching for me and he noticed me sitting in the middle bleacher.
"Hey.", he said, as he took his seat next to me. He seemed surprised to see me here, guess he thought I wasn't coming.
"Hi."
"Julie, I don't know if you've noticed this but I've been meaning to tell you something.", he ran his hand through his hair. Hot.
"What's wrong?", I nudged him and smiled.
"Do you...maybe...wanna... go on a...date?", he said date really quickly.
"What?", and then it hit me. Daniel was right after all.
I smiled at him, and nodded. He looked up at me and smiled.
Daryl grabbed me and hugged me tight.
"Really?"
"Hey, don't make me change my mind.", I laughed.
"Okay. Meet me at Cafe, in downtown, at six tomorrow?", he smiled.
"Sure.", I said.
Daryl got up and left, smiling happily as he left. I giggled at myself.
I texted Felicity.
I've got a date with Daryl.
She answered in a split second.
Ooh la la.

Where you expecting Daryl to actually ask Julie out? Or did you think Daniel was joking?
Tell me what you think, I wanna hear it.