Chapter 1

I sighed as my alarm clock woke me up. Another day with that Jackson ass. He is truly an ass. I flip on my stomach and put the pillow on my head but the alarm keeps ringing so loudly. I hit it and get up. I stretch a bit and walk in my bathroom. I take a quick shower and brush my dark brown short curly hair. I walk in my closet and wear a white turtleneck, black skinny pants, black heels and a black blazer. I put my formal makeup and walk downstairs. I see my two dogs; Bella and Max running to me. I sit on the stairs and they sit next to me. I stroke them and kiss their heads.

"I will have to go to work with that dumbass, Jackson.", I say as if they understand me.

I like talking to my dogs because they're also my friends. I pat their heads and get up. I see my black pants all hairy. I frown and get the lint roller from the table. I make sure I have no hair.

"Be good!", I say and grab my purse.

I leave the house and get in my gray Porsche. I drive to TBS. I buy myself a chocolate chip cookie and an iced latte. I go back to the car. I'm so good at being multitasked so I eat, drink, sing and dance while I'm actually driving. All because of that shithead, Jackson again. I arrive at my prison which I go to with my own legs. I get in and greet the reservationist. I get in the elevator and go to the 11th floor. I get his coffee from the office boy and get in the elevator again. I press the 13th floor button and now is hell. Jackson's glass office is in front of me. I take a deep breath and get in with his coffee.

"Good morning, Mr Jackson.", I say.

"Morning, Miss Brown.", he says and looks at me.

I put his coffee next to his laptop. He stands up and turns around me. I stand straight and keep turning around with him. He looks at me and my heartbeats start to be so fast.

"Shit.", I say underneath my breath. "Can I help you?"

"Where the hell is the excel sheet I told you to do?", he asks loudly making my heart jump out of my chest.

"I sure did it, Mr Jackson.", I say.

"Am I freaking blind?", he asks loudly.

"I swear to God-", I start.

I feel so scared now.

"Gotcha!", he says and laughs.

I roll my eyes.

"Fuck you.", I say underneath my breath.

"What'd you say?", he asks in a low voice.

"Umm, I said, haha thank you.", I lie and fake a smile.

"Mhmm.", he smirks.

I'm starting to feel so uncomfortable now.

"Well, what do I need to do today?", I ask.

"I sent you a PDF of your tasks, sweetheart.", he says.

"I'm sorry, Mr Jackson. You can either call me by my last or first name.", I say.

He turns around me again. Damn, that guy is working as a tornado. I keep turning around with him.

"Okay, Miss Brown.", he says.

"The tasks will be done in a bit.", I say and walk off.

I go to my office which is next to his but thank God we have a glass wall between us. I get a cigar out and light it. I like cigars more than normal cigarettes even though most of the people say it's only for men but I don't give a damn. I open my MacBook and open the tasks Jackson sent me.

"Fuck you!", I whisper seeing the amount of tasks and its deadlines.

I decide to change my mood so I stuff my AirPods in my ears and open my playlist. I keep humming 'Bad Guy' by Billie Eilish. I keep working until I feel hands on my shoulders. I look behind me and see Jackson. Ugh!

"Mr Jackson, I don't feel comfortable.", I say and move.

"I was just checking how much of the tasks you made.", he says.

I nod and he goes back to his office. I light another cigar and smoke it. I keep working on the tasks he gave me. It is so much. I look at my the clock and it's already 7:44 pm. I can't stay here anymore. I close my laptop and put it in my bag. I wear my blazer again and get my bag. I walk to Jackson's office.

"Are you done with the tasks?", he asks.

"No but it's late now so I'll finish them when I get home.", I say.

"Florence Annalise Brown, do not dare come tomorrow with your tasks unfinished or it'll be a living hell.", he says.

"I've been your personal assistant for a long time and I think you already know that I get all my work done on time.", I say.

"Mhmm.", he hums and smirks.

"Well, good night, Mr Jackson.", I say and turn around.

"Wait.", he says.

I sigh and turn around again. He stands up and walks around me for the third time today. I gulp and turn around with him.

"I'm not doing anything to you.", he says and giggles.

"Mr Jackson. It's already late and I need to go back home.", I say.

"Okay, I'm sorry.", he mumbles and sits on his chair.

"Are you okay?", I ask.

"Y-yeah. I'm alright.", he says and smiles weakly.

"Well, goodbye.", I say.

"Bye!", he says.

I walk out of the office. He didn't look so alright today. He's just extra-respectful for some reason and his eyes are glossy. I don't know why but I feel guilty for leaving him alone. I turn around and head to his office.