Chapter 22

It's been almost a week since my date with Michael. Tonight is our second date; the cocktail bar. Michael still says he wanna take it slow. He's now at his place and I'm getting ready. Well, last time was good. We got to know each other and we danced for a bit. I just took a shower. So now I'm only in a towel wrapped around me in my closet. I wear a black long-sleeved lace crop top, light ripped jeans and black heels. I do dark makeup and spray my signature perfume. I hear a honk from outside. I look through my bedroom window and see Michael in his new red Lamborghini. I quickly grab my black clutch and run downstairs after making sure both my dogs have enough food and water. I get out and see Michael standing by the door holding a bouquet of buttercups. This time he's simply wearing a blue button up shirt, black pants and black loafers. His hair is tied up in a ponytail with a few curls hanging now his forehead.

"Hi, Gorgeous.", he says looking me up and down.

"Hey, Michael.", I say and smile slowly.

"Are you ready for partying?", he asks.

I nod and smile. He takes my hand and opens the passenger door for me letting me in first. Then he sits in the driver's seat and drives off.

"So, how have you been doing this week?", he asks.

"Good. You?", I ask.

"Also good. We barely talked at work and I... I missed you.", he says shyly.

I smile and look at him.

"I missed you too.", I say softly.

"But I missed you more.", he says.

I smile and slowly kiss his cheek making him blush so so hard. I giggle and smile to myself.

"You look so beautiful tonight.", he says.

"Thank you. You look handsome as well.", I say and smile.

"Thank you.", he says and blushes.

We soon arrive at the cocktail bar and get out of the car. Michael gives the valet the car keys.

"The side mirrors get broken, I break your neck.", he tells the guy.

The guy nods awkwardly and stares at me. Actually my cleavage.

"And I'll pop your eyeballs.", Michael says gritting his teeth.

"Hey, chill.", I whisper.

He grabs me by my waist and walks off to the cocktail bar. He still has this cocky attitude..

"What was that for?", I ask sternly.

"The guy was staring at your cleavage!", he says.

"You were jealous, weren't you?", I ask and smirk.

"Me? No!", he says still having his ego.

"Yes you are.", I say and giggle.

"Okay, he was overdoing.", he says giving up. "You're just to perfect for him.. for anybody."

"I'm not perfect.", I say and make a face.

"You are. You're perfection.", he says.

We lock eye contact and suddenly he leans down and places his soft lips on mine. My heart jumps out of my chest. It takes me a moment to react and kiss him back. I almost forgot how he tasted. We keep kissing sweetly until we get rudely interrupted by Edward Henderson; an employee at our workplace.

"Miss Brown, Mr Jackson! Mr Brown won't be happy if he saw the pics. Especially because he's your father, Florence.", he says.

"Know your place. I'm Miss Brown to you! Understand? And I ain't a child to tell my any bullshit you got! You're fired!", I yell.

Michael looks shocked and speechless. He's frightened.

"Well, Miss Brown, who are you to fire me? You're just Mr Jackson's personal assistant.", he says.

Suddenly Michael grabs his shirt and holds him by his neck.

"You motherfucker! She's John Brown's daughter! She can fire me if that's what she desires! And who the fuck are you to blackmail us, huh?!", he yells punching his face.

Edward punches his back, hard in the face. Two security guys come and pull them off each other.

"Gentlemen! This is enough!", one says sternly.

"Michael, come here.", I say and pull him to my side.

"Fuck you, Edward!", he yells and looks at me.

"Oh, God! You have a blue eye.", I say and touch his face.

"It doesn't hurt.", he says and shrugs.

Then he wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder hugging me. I wrap my arms around his upper torso hugging him back and pat his back a few times. My phone rings. I look at it and see Edith Hughes.

"Edith is calling.", I say.

"Answer it.", he says.

I answer the phone and put it on my ear.

"Hi, Flora! It's Edith, in case you haven't saved my number.", she says.

"Hi, Edi. I already saved it. What's up?", I ask.

"Oh! I was wondering if you wanna come to a photoshoot in Hollywood. I showed the photographers your pictures and they think you're amazing. So, is it alright with you? Sunday?", she asks.

I take a few moments to think.

"Umm, okay. But Hollywood is a bit to far away.", I say.

"The photographers are willing to do it in Los Angeles near your home. They're so desperate.", she says.

I chuckle.

"Okay, next Sunday then.", I say.

"Yeah, Sunday. Adiós.", she says.

"Bye.", I say and hang up.

Michael looks confused.

"Guess what! The photographers in Hollywood want me for a photoshoot.", I say and smile.

"That's amazing!", he says and smiles at me.

"Well, yeah. I'm quitting being an assistant. I don't want you getting fired.", I say.

"But Precious, I thought you liked your job.", he says.

"I do. I really so. But you'll get fired because of me and I won't let this happen. The job is so stressful anyways. With my dumbass boss.", I say making us giggle.

"I can quit if you want to.", he says softly.

I just shake my head and smile.

"No! Don't think about this now. We haven't even started our date. Have we?", I ask and smile.

"Come on! Let's dance!", he says and pulls me to the dance floor.