Chapter 13

It's been a week and I'm a total mess. I've been taking loads of marijuana and cocaine and I'm always on cloud 9. It's better actually like this. At least I get my mind off this shit in life. My phone rings. I roll my eyes and see Mr Moody 🤬🖕🏽. I roll my eyes and decline the call. I don't have time for him now. I snort a bit of cocaine and collapse on the couch. I'm starting to have a terrible headache. I groan and rub my forehead. My doorbell rings. I quickly put the drugs in a drawer and fix my hair. I open the door to find Michael there.

"The fuck you want?", I ask.

"Hey! Are you okay?", he asks.

I laugh hysterically and shake my head.

"Do you want something?", I ask.

He keeps staring at me. Just as I'm about to close the door, he pushes the door open and gets in.

"What were you doing here? This smell makes me so dizzy.", he says.

"That's none of your business.", I say bluntly.

"Don't say you're doing this.", he says concerned.

"I said it's none of your business. You're my boss. I'm your assistant. Know your position.", I say.

"I came here to tell you one thing.", he says.

"Hmm?", I ask and roll my eyes.

"I love you too. Look, at first I was using you for sex. But then I realized how great you are and how you always make me feel happy when I'm around you. I was an idiot. I'm sorry. I love you so much.", he says.

I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Seriously?", I ask. "Get out."

"What's that?", he asks pointing at some cocaine I left on the table by accident.

I stand in front of the table blocking the view.

"You seriously need to stop it.", he says.

"Get out!", I yell.

"You seriously need to stop this bullshit, Florence! I don't want you to be a crackhead!", he yells.

"I'll call the cops!", I yell.

"I thought you loved me.", he says his voice cracking.

Ugh! What the fuck?!

"The feelings are gone. After you being a dick to me.", I say.

He looks sad and gets out slamming the door behind him. I'm so damn angry. The doorbell rings again. I look through the peephole and see Sam. I open the door.

"Are you here to blame me?", I ask.

"Can I come in?", he asks.

I sigh and step aside. He comes in and looks at me.

"What's up?", he asks.

"Nothing really.", I say bluntly.

"Is that cocaine?", he asks looking at the table.

"Are you gonna blame me for it?", I ask.

"No. I understand. You just need to stop. I'll throw these away. And I'll check your drawers. This is not good for your health, Flora.", he says.

I sigh and nod. He's got a point.. He gets the cocaine and throws it in the trash bin. He looks in my drawers and gets the cocaine and marijuana out of it throwing it in the trash bin.

"The girls are mad at me. Aren't they?", I ask.

"Yeah.", he says and makes a face.

"They've got a point. Why would anybody love me?", I ask and hold back my tears.

"Even if they're mad they still love you, Flora. We all love you.", he says.

I start to cry so hard. Sam pulls me close to him and kisses my head. I keep crying on his shoulder.

"I wanna die.", I cry.

"No! I will have nobody to annoy!", he jokes.

I sniffle and laugh. I look at him and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"We can all hang out when you feel better.", he says softly.

"Mhmm.", I hum and look down.

"We love you so much, Flora. Even though you can be so annoying sometimes.", he teases.

I hit his arm playfully and giggle.

"Were you just doing marijuana and cocaine or something else?", he asks raising an eyebrow.

"No, I don't cut myself anymore.", I say. "Please don't tell anybody about what you saw."

"Sure.", he says and gives me a warm hug. "I saw Mr Moody driving like crazy from here."

"Yeah.", I mumble.

"What happened?", he asks.

"We've been sleeping together for a long time. I was truly having feelings for him. I blurted it out and he couldn't answer. Then he came today and told me he loved me. I just kicked him out.", I say my voice cracking.

"Do you still love him?", he asks.

I shrug and look down.

"Do you still love him?", he repeats.

"Yes.", I mumble.

"Take your time and talk with him.", he says.

I take a deep breath and nod.

"Do you mind staying tonight?", I ask.

"James is home alone now. I think I actually need to leave now. Sorry.", he says.

"Yeah, it's okay.", I say.

He gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodbye and take care of yourself.", he says.

"Bye. Love you.", I say.

"Love you too.", he says and leaves.

I need to have some sleep seriously. This was a long time. I walk upstairs but I hear the doorbell ring. I roll my eyes and walk downstairs. I open the door to find two cops.

"Florence Annalise Brown?", a cop asks.

I nod.

"I'm sorry to tell you but Michael Jackson has been in an accident.", he says.