Chapter 16

I drove to Michael's and helped him get all the stuff he'll need. Michael is now in one of the guest rooms probably sleeping. I've been fidgeting for the last few hours because I can't sleep. My alarm rings. It's time for Michael's injection and one ointment of the billion ointments he'll need. I walk to the room he's sleeping in. I knock on the door and get in. I see Michael crying in his bed. He looks away still sniffling.

"Hey.", I say softly sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Mmm.", Michael hums.

He turns around again but this time smiling.

"You know, crying doesn't make you any less of a man, Michael.", I say softly. "You're allowed to cry. Even in front of me."

"I-I'm alright.", he says clearly lying.

"Do you want maybe any of your friends to visit tomorrow? This can change your mood.", I say and hold his arm rubbing it gently.

"Maybe. Thank you for being here for me.", he says.

"Why are you so cute all of a sudden?", I ask and giggle.

"Is it good or bad?", Michael asks and bites his lip.

"It's... cute.", I say and laugh.

I feel Michael wrap an arm around me resting his head on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around him and pat his back. We pull off.

"Why were you crying?", I ask softly.

"I wasn't crying.", he says and makes a face.

"You were. But if you don't wanna talk about it then it's your choice.", I say and shrug. "I actually came here for your injection and ointment. A massage and a painkiller are optional."

"I can have all of them.", he says and laughs softly.

"Oookay.", I say and get the injection.

I get a wet sanitized wipe and clean the spot where I'll be injecting. I put the liquid in the injection and put it in his skin. He looks me in the eyes looking so calm. I pull the injection out and put a plaster on it. I get a painkiller and water and give them to Michael.

"Thank you.", he says and swallows it.

"You're welcome.", I say smiling. "May I?"

He nods. I raise his arms a bit and take his shirt off. I turn him around.

"Do you want the ointment or the massage first?", I ask.

"The ointment, please.", he says.

I squirt some of it on my hand and rub it. I start putting it on his shoulder and rubbing it.

"It needs to dry so we can talk about anything you like until it's dry and I'll massage it.", I say.

"Umm, who's the guy you were hugging whose car was blocking my way?", he asks.

"Samuel. One of my best friends.", I say.

"Looks like he likes you more than a best friend.", he says and raises an eyebrow.

"No!", I laugh. "He's married and he has a son."

He smiles for a second but then hides it.

"I think your shoulder has dried. Turn around, please.", I say.

I help him turn around and put both of my hands on his shoulders.

"The nurse told me to massage the left one but I'll massage both because I'm a loyal friend.", I whisper and giggle.

Michael looks upset for a moment and then smiles again. This guy is a mood. I don't know what upset him that much in this fucking sentence.

"What? You only want your left shoulder massaged?", I ask.

"No. Your offer is good.", he says and laughs softly.

I start kneading his shoulders while he gasps in pain.

"Am I hurting you?", I ask.

"No. You're doing just great.", he says.

I continue kneading his shoulders while he lets out painful gasps. I kiss his cheek feeling bad for him. I see him blush so hard.

"The doctor said you'll be okay in two weeks.", I say trying to cheer him up.

"I have a surprise for you in two weeks when I could finally walk.", he says and smiles.

"What is it?", I ask and giggle.

"Something.", he says.

"Or really?", I ask sarcastically.

"Yeah. I helped you.", he says making us laugh.

I continue kneading his shoulders.

"Ow!", he whispers.

"Sorry.", I say and kiss his shoulder. "I'll stop. Sorry."

"It's not your fault. My shoulder hurts from the accident. It's not you. You're making it feel better.", he says.

"So do you want me to continue?", I ask.

"Yes, please.", he says.

I keep massaging his shoulders gently.

"Have some sleep now.", I say and help him lay on the bed.

I cover him making sure he's warm enough.

"Goodnight.", he says.

"Goodnight.", I say smile.

I close the lights and close the door walking back to my room. I don't know why I'm really enjoying taking care of him. He's not such a bad person like I thought, to be honest. It's good we're friends!