Chapter 15

I wake up and put my hand in front of my eyes because of the sun. I get up from the couch and walk to Michael to check if he's awake. He didn't wake up yet. I sigh and sit on the chair next to his bed waiting for him to wake up. I'm starting to get really bored. I get my phone and realize that I have 4 messages from Sam and 6 messages from Winnie and 2 messages from Dad.

Sam ❤️

7:14 am: Hii
7:15 am: How u doin'?
7:17 am: Where u at?
7:20 am: Are u alright?

Winnie 💛

7:22 am: R u okay?
7:24 am: We r worried sick!
7:25 am: I know u're pissed off.
7:26 am: Just tell us u're okay!
7:27 am: We're all at ur house.
7:28 am: WHERE ARE YOUUUU?!!! 👀

Dad 😘😍

8:01: Good morning, sunshine! 🌞
8:03: How is my babygirl doing? 😘😘

I text them to know that I'm okay and stop worrying about me like I was some child who got lost at the amusement park. This is so annoying.

"Florence.", I hear Michael whispering with a sore voice.

I walk back to Michael and sit on the chair rubbing his arm gently.

"Good morning.", I say and smile.

"Good morning.", he says and bites his lip. "When can I get out of the hospital?"

"I'll see the doctor.", I say and kiss his forehead before going out to find the doctor.

I see him talking with a nurse so I wait for him to finish talking. I see the nurse walk away so I go to the doctor.

"Umm, hi, Dr Davies.", I say.

"Hi, Miss Brown. Can I help you?", he asks.

"Oh, yes please. When can Michael get out of the hospital?", I ask.

"We checked on him a few times last night so now he'll be able to go home. Whoever is gonna take care of him, please keep him mentally stable. He's in shock even though he's acting okay.", he says.

"Yeah, thanks.", I say.

"I'll send a nurse to help you.", he says.

I nod and walk back to Michael. He's crying. Just as I walk in he wipes his tears away and smiles. I sigh and sit next to him.

"You'll be alright. I promise.", I say and hold his hand.

"I saw death with my eyes.", he says and chokes.

"What did you see?", I ask softly.

"I-I was driving like crazy after I left. Some driver who's probably on dope, drove right in my face and then my car kept spinning. I couldn't stop it. Then I kept hitting the airbag in the steering wheel until it popped out and it make me back in the seat so I twisted my shoulder badly. After that I couldn't see anything and I found myself here.", he says.

"Just thank God you're okay. It could've been worse.", I say softly.

I kiss his cheek and stroke his arm. The nurse gets in and I stand up as a habit. Michael giggles and I blush.