Chapter 2

I get in and see Jackson still working on his laptop. I shoot a closer look and see his eyes tearing up. He sees me and composes himself.

"Miss Brown.", he says awkwardly.

"Are you okay, Mr Jackson?", I ask.

"Y-yeah, I'm okay, Miss Brown.", he says and smiles weakly. "C-can you stay for a while? I know it's late but I'll make sure you get home safely."

He's weird. He was never so nice and.. needy before.

"Umm, okay.", I hesitate at first.

"You can pull a chair and we'll work together.", he says.

I pull a chair next to his desk and sit on it. I get my MacBook out my backpack and put it on my desk.

"I thought you work with music.", he says.

"Umm, yeah.", I say quietly.

"Put your playlist on!", he says.

I open YouTube and put it on shuffle.

"I have some dirty songs-", I start.

Just before I finish 'Talk Dirty' by Jason Derulo starts playing. Jackson laughs uncontrollably and I blush. Just as I'm about to switch to another song I hear him singing.

"I'm that flight that you get on, international/First class seat on my lap, girl, riding comfortable.", he sings.

I blush and hide my face with my hands. He keeps laughing and I'm so embarrassed.

"I thought you were innocent, damn!", he laughs.

I blush and laugh softly.

"Well, you actually made me feel better. Thank you.", he says and smiles.

I feel something in my stomach. No! These can't be butterflies!

"My pleasure.", I say smiling back. "You can call me Florence since you're not clearly only my boss."

"Okay, call me Michael then.", he says.

"I can't.", I say.

"It'll sound amazing from your mouth, Florence.", he says and smiles.

I blush.

"Ha! What's my name?", he asks.

"Mr Jackson.", I say and giggle.

"Uh-uh.", he shakes his index.

"Fine, Michael.", I say shyly.

"That's what I wanted!", he smiles.

I blush again and smile. He also smiles but it fades a few seconds later.

"I-I'm not in the mood to work.", he says and closes the laptop.

I nod and close my laptop.

"I'll get going.", I say.

"Wait, I'll drive behind you to make sure you arrive safely.", he says.

"You don't need to.", I say.

He stands up and holds my hand helping me stand up. I get up and wear my blazer again. I pack my backpack and he also packs his.

"Thank you.", I say.

"It's alright.", he says.

I smile and walk out of the office. I feel him staring at me. I look at him and find his eyes fixed on my ass. He fixes his tie and clears his throat.

"Let's go, Miss Brown.", he says.

I smirk and continue walking. He's still staring at my ass. He makes sure I get in my car and he gets in his red Ferrari. I put on my playlist and 'My Band' by D12 starts playing. I drive off and put the volume up. My phone beeps. I take it and see that Mr Moody texted. Well, that's what I'm saving him on my phone. I open the message.

These chicks don't even know the name of my band 💃🏽💃🏽

I laugh loudly and blush. I turn the volume a bit down. I keep driving while singing and dancing till I arrive at my house. Before I could open the door, I see Michael opening it. I smile and he holds my hand helping me get out.

"Thank you.", I say.

"No problem.", he says.

"Umm, since you made sure I came here safely, why don't you come in and get a drink?", I ask.

"No, thanks. I'll get going.", he says.

"No, I insist.", I say.

"Alright, thanks.", he says.

We get in and Max and Bella jump at me. They go and smell his legs but he looks terrified.

"They're friendly, don't worry.", I say.

He nods awkwardly and bites his lip. I take my blazer off and he takes off his jacket.

"Do you like wine?", I ask.

He nods.

"Mhmm.", he hums.

I push my high heels off and get in the kitchen bar. I get two glasses and pour a bit of wine.

"Make yourself home.", I say.

He takes his shoes off. I look at my dogs and see them going in their room.

"Do you need any help?", Michael asks.

"No, I'm done actually.", I say.

We get into the living room and I give him his glass.

"Thanks.", he says.

I put classical music on and sit on the couch. He sits next to me with a distance.

"So, why are you calling me Mr Moody on your phone?", he asks smirking.

"Me? No!", I say awkwardly.

He snatches my phone and calls me with his phone.

"Here! Mr Moody; curse emoji and middle finger emoji.", he says and smirks.

I snatch my phone away and blush.

"Don't act like you were all nice.", I say and giggle.

"I'm a sweet guy.", he says and smirks.

I smirk and sip on my wine.

"Wanna dance?", he asks.

"Umm, okay.", I say.

He helps me get up and holds my waist. I put my hands on his shoulders. We keep dancing for a while. Suddenly he closes his eyes and leans over tilting his head.