Chapter 7

I wake up at 3 am because I need to show up at the office at 5 am. This is so exhausting. I take a quick shower and brush my hair. I wear a black blouse, a beige pencil skirt and black heels. I do my makeup and spray my signature perfume. I grab my bag and walk out. I put food for my dogs and walk to my car. I drive to TBS and get myself breakfast, then to the office feeling so sleepy. I see Michael inside sipping on his coffee and doing something on his laptop. He looks at me with a neutral face.

"Good morning.", I say. "Tasks?"

"PDF on your gmail.", he says.

I nod and go to my office. I get my laptop and see a small amount of takes. I smile and get my cigar out. I keep working while listening to music. An amazing idea pops in my head. I'll hang out tonight at the club with my squad from school. I open out WhatsApp group.

Me: Hey, y'all! Hang out today at the club?

Adeline: I'm in!!! We'll shop for some outfits first, girl!

Samuel: I can't do the shopping but I'm in ladies!

Dixie: I'm down. Shopping at 3 pm?

Winifred: Alrighty. I'm in!!

I smile widely and continue working.

"What's making you so happy, Miss Brown?", somebody asks.

I jump.

"I'm hanging out with my childhood squad after work.", I say and smile.

"Who's Mr Samuel?", he asks.

"A guy.", I say.

He squints his eyes.

"Smart answer. Go back to work.", he says.

"Asshole.", I mumble.

"Heard ya!", he says.

I roll my eyes and continue working. After a few hours I'm done. I gather all my stuff and walk in Michael's office.

"Goodbye, Mr Jackson.", I say.

"Bye.", he says. "Enjoy tonight."

"No offense, but you're a mood.", I say and giggle.

"You're definitely a Gemini.", he says.

"True.", I laugh. "What's your zodiac sign?"

"Virgo.", he says.

I smile and walk back to my car. I drive home and chill for a while. Then I take a quick shower and brush my hair. I wear a white floral summer dress and leather ankle boots. I don't do makeup but spray perfume. I hear a car honking. I look through my window and see Samuel in his blue Genesis. I do a thumbs up and run downstairs towards him. He smiles and gets out of the car. I jump on him and hug him tightly. He hugs me back so tight.

"I missed you, Sampoo!", I say.

"I missed you too, Floreass!", he says.

We keep hugging for a long while until a car honks. I see fucking Michael getting out.

"I'm sorry, sir but your car is blocking the way.", he says.

"Yeah, sorry, sir.", he says.

I stick my middle finger out and get in the passenger seat. Sam gets in the driver's seat and drives off.

"Do you know that dude?", he asks.

"That's Mr Moody!", I say.

"No wonder why you call him Mr Moody.", he says laughing. "So, I'll pick all the ladies up and drop you at the mall to do some girls' shopping."

"You nasty.", I laugh. "We're not going to Victoria's Secret."

He laughs loudly. He picks Dixie up.

"Hey, bitch!", she says.

"Ey, hoe!", I say and do with her our middle finger shake.

She's so dirty-minded. She taps Sam on his head. We pick the rest up and go to the mall.

"Well, have fun y'all.", Sam says.

"We will, GodSamn!", Dixie says making us laugh our asses off.

Sam picks her up and turns her upside down. We keep laughing so hard at our childishness. A few seconds later he puts her back down. We enter the mall.

"First stop: Topshop!", Winifred says.

We all go to Topshop and buy some outfits.

"We can buy makeup from Sephora.", I say.

We all go to Sephora and buy the makeup.

"We literally bought everything.", Adeline says.

"Yes.", Dixie laughs.

"I'll call Sam.", Winifred says.

We nod. She calls Sam and we wait for him to come.

"Wait a sec.", I say and run to Coldstone.

I get Sam a chocolate ice cream because he's sure so tired because of us and go back to them.

"You bribing!!", Dixie jokes making us laugh.

We walk outside to Sam. He gets out of the car to help us get our bags in. I give him the ice cream.

"Thanks, Flora.", he says.

I give him a kiss on the cheek and sit in the passenger seat.

"I'll pick you ladies up at 6 and we'll go party.", Sam says.

"Thanks, Sam.", we say.

"No problem.", he says and licks his ice cream.

"Sam, you got poop on your nose.", Adeline says making us laugh.

We all know it's the chocolate ice cream but Sam doesn't.

"What? Shit!", he says trying to look at himself.

We keep laughing until he gets the joke and rolls his eyes. He drops the girls to their houses and he's still on his way to mine.

"We haven't got the chance to talk about Mr Moody.", he says.

"You promise you won't tell anybody?", I ask.

"I promise.", he says.

"I've been sleeping with him. He forgot to you know, uhh put a condom so he didn't actually care about how I feel like but he just got an after-pill. I went home before he came so I don't damage his face. Then he came to my house and kept talking and shit. I'm really feeling like a sidekick.", I say and sigh.

"Does he have a girlfriend or is he married?", he asks.

"No. But he's probably fucking other girls.", I say.

"Don't do anything you don't wanna do.", he says and holds my leg.

I try not to cry so I bite my lip so hard that it turns blue. He kisses my cheek and we realize that we're already at my house.

"See you. Thanks for talking, Sam.", I say.

He gets out of the car and gives me a warm hug.

"No problem. Stay beautiful.", he says.

I kiss his cheek and go back to my house.